Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Puppies and Batting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/puppies-batting-t45731.html)

DebraK 05-13-2010 07:05 AM

I love your quilting set-up!. I'm looking at getting the same thing. Are you happy with it?

JoyVoltenburg 05-13-2010 07:27 AM

I've had my setup for 2 1/2 months. I'm still learning. If I could do it over again, I would arrange somehow to insure that someone set it up and showed me exactly how everything worked. I live in a rural area and the nearest vendor is several hours away. I had a lot of trouble figuring the tension out, but I think I've got that all worked out now. And this one doesn't come with a hopping foot that has a foot for ruler work (it has a regular hopping foot you can purchase, though). The one I bought was a TBQ foot and it works fine and since I got it, I think my system has everything I need now. The only other thing I would wish for would be a bigger bobbin. But I gave that up in order to get something I could afford. I figured I could see if this will work for me and if I wanted to upgrade later I could. The quilt in the pic is my first quilt on it and I'm using it for practice. I plan on doing a few more practice ones before I tackle one where the quilting will matter more. I was doing FMQ on my Babylock, but I hated getting down on the floor and pinning it- plus I didn't like doing anything bigger than a twin size on it. But, all in all, I think I'm going to love it .

DebraK 05-13-2010 07:38 AM

Thank you for answering my question.

Jim's Gem 05-13-2010 08:15 AM

He's a cutie!!! Puppies sure can get into a lot of mischief!!!

Minda 05-13-2010 08:29 AM

He looks very sorry. I'm sure he can be trusted to come back in.

Marjpf 05-13-2010 08:35 AM

From his point of view, it does look very fun. He wants going to thank you for the great toy, that's why he looks so sad. I'm not sure I could ever say no to that face, he's just too cute.

Lisa T 05-13-2010 08:56 AM

LOL!!!! Too funny! He looks so sorry! Just like a little kid caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

That is a funny story about Red and his, um... "socializing".

pocoellie 05-13-2010 09:11 AM

Red isn't neutered? I thought just about all the pounds and animal shelters required that the animals be spayed or neutered. Hopefully, if he isn't neutered that you get him done. There are millions of dogs and cats that are euthanized in shelters.

JoyVoltenburg 05-13-2010 09:19 AM

No, the pound does a wonderful job of placing their dog/cats. They only require that he is chipped and have all shots. I asked our vet, and she said that neutering him wouldn't make any difference in his disposition, so we opted not to. We plan to neuter RJ though.

sewcrafty 05-13-2010 09:56 AM

Oh too funny!!! What a cute face!!! Look at that expression. OMG!!