Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Puppies and Batting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/puppies-batting-t45731.html)

JoyVoltenburg 05-13-2010 06:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I've been practicing on my new frame/Voyager and someone said that they like to drop the batting (not roll it on the rollers). So I thought I'd give it a whirl. However, I didn't think about how my puppy RJ would view it (like a great big toy). He literally jumped all the way through the batting and came out through another hole with batting flying behind him like he was superdog. Here are pics. My husband thought it was hilarious!!! I had to laugh too, but I wasn't quite so enthusiastic in my laughing.

RJ after he was immediately banished to the front porch. You can still see the evidence on his chin and leg.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67396[/ATTACH]

bearisgray 05-13-2010 06:40 AM

He sure is a cute puppy.

cminor 05-13-2010 06:41 AM

Oh my gosh is he cute! What kind of dog is he?

Sassy!! :)

erstan947 05-13-2010 06:41 AM

lol

FunkyMonkey 05-13-2010 06:45 AM

omg.. that is so cute. He looks like he is saying "I didn't do it!" that stuff on his chin was planted, someone is trying to frame him!

JoyVoltenburg 05-13-2010 06:53 AM

Well, that's another story. We rescued a golden retriever/lab mix from the pound 2 years ago and last winter he disappeared for several days. Red is around 90 lbs and about 5 years old now and he has become such a big part of our family. He was riding in the truck with my husband while he was checking his crops one day a few weeks ago when a car pulled up and asked him what kind of dog was that. And then he said he looks just like his puppies! So of course, we had to go immediately and see them. The mother is a 6 year old pitbull with a great temperament. But the pups all look like Red. They had already weaned them, and were pretty insistent that it was ok to take one (at 4 weeks!), which we did. I know it was too soon, but I think under the circumstances we didn't have much choice. So he's been a handful to take care of - teaching him boundaries of what is appropriate playfulness and what is hurtful nipping, etc. I've been taking him for a car ride everyday and introducing him to lots of different situations and people. I keep touching him all over and when tries to bite (like all puppies do), we immediately discipline him and he's starting to learn. He's 9 weeks old (in the pic he was just shy of 8 weeks). He's adorable most of the time. Hopefully with both parents having good, friendly temperaments, he'll have one too.

stitchinwitch 05-13-2010 06:55 AM

GASP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Precious little puppy! His expression KNOWS he is being punished, but not sure what for! - Just give the little guy a big kiss! Too cute NOT to!

iltoaz 05-13-2010 06:56 AM

What a cute puppy and his quilt experience gave me a chuckle.

Joan 05-13-2010 07:02 AM

You sound like a wonderful puppy Mommy. He will grow up to be a wonderful pet. I did enjoy your story about the batting.......dog stories always make me smile! :lol:

Jingle 05-13-2010 07:04 AM

I would not let him around the quilting frame again. I would use a crate to put him in and use to give you a rest from the puppy energy. Like putting a crawling baby in a playpen for when you get tired of chasing after them. Keeps them safe too.

He is very cute.