Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Puppies and Batting

I've been practicing on my new frame/Voyager and someone said that they like to drop the batting (not roll it on the rollers). So I thought I'd give it a whirl. However, I didn't think about how my puppy RJ would view it (like a great big toy). He literally jumped all the way through the batting and came out through another hole with batting flying behind him like he was superdog. Here are pics. My husband thought it was hilarious!!! I had to laugh too, but I wasn't quite so enthusiastic in my laughing.

RJ after he was immediately banished to the front porch. You can still see the evidence on his chin and leg.
    Name:  Attachment-67391.jpe
Views: 23
Size:  46.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Power Poster
    He sure is a cute puppy.

Oh my gosh is he cute! What kind of dog is he?

Sassy!! :)

Blog Entries
    lol

omg.. that is so cute. He looks like he is saying "I didn't do it!" that stuff on his chin was planted, someone is trying to frame him!

Well, that's another story. We rescued a golden retriever/lab mix from the pound 2 years ago and last winter he disappeared for several days. Red is around 90 lbs and about 5 years old now and he has become such a big part of our family. He was riding in the truck with my husband while he was checking his crops one day a few weeks ago when a car pulled up and asked him what kind of dog was that. And then he said he looks just like his puppies! So of course, we had to go immediately and see them. The mother is a 6 year old pitbull with a great temperament. But the pups all look like Red. They had already weaned them, and were pretty insistent that it was ok to take one (at 4 weeks!), which we did. I know it was too soon, but I think under the circumstances we didn't have much choice. So he's been a handful to take care of - teaching him boundaries of what is appropriate playfulness and what is hurtful nipping, etc. I've been taking him for a car ride everyday and introducing him to lots of different situations and people. I keep touching him all over and when tries to bite (like all puppies do), we immediately discipline him and he's starting to learn. He's 9 weeks old (in the pic he was just shy of 8 weeks). He's adorable most of the time. Hopefully with both parents having good, friendly temperaments, he'll have one too.

GASP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Precious little puppy! His expression KNOWS he is being punished, but not sure what for! - Just give the little guy a big kiss! Too cute NOT to!

What a cute puppy and his quilt experience gave me a chuckle.

You sound like a wonderful puppy Mommy. He will grow up to be a wonderful pet. I did enjoy your story about the batting.......dog stories always make me smile! :lol:

I would not let him around the quilting frame again. I would use a crate to put him in and use to give you a rest from the puppy energy. Like putting a crawling baby in a playpen for when you get tired of chasing after them. Keeps them safe too.

He is very cute.

I love your quilting set-up!. I'm looking at getting the same thing. Are you happy with it?

I've had my setup for 2 1/2 months. I'm still learning. If I could do it over again, I would arrange somehow to insure that someone set it up and showed me exactly how everything worked. I live in a rural area and the nearest vendor is several hours away. I had a lot of trouble figuring the tension out, but I think I've got that all worked out now. And this one doesn't come with a hopping foot that has a foot for ruler work (it has a regular hopping foot you can purchase, though). The one I bought was a TBQ foot and it works fine and since I got it, I think my system has everything I need now. The only other thing I would wish for would be a bigger bobbin. But I gave that up in order to get something I could afford. I figured I could see if this will work for me and if I wanted to upgrade later I could. The quilt in the pic is my first quilt on it and I'm using it for practice. I plan on doing a few more practice ones before I tackle one where the quilting will matter more. I was doing FMQ on my Babylock, but I hated getting down on the floor and pinning it- plus I didn't like doing anything bigger than a twin size on it. But, all in all, I think I'm going to love it .

Thank you for answering my question.

He's a cutie!!! Puppies sure can get into a lot of mischief!!!

He looks very sorry. I'm sure he can be trusted to come back in.

From his point of view, it does look very fun. He wants going to thank you for the great toy, that's why he looks so sad. I'm not sure I could ever say no to that face, he's just too cute.

LOL!!!! Too funny! He looks so sorry! Just like a little kid caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

That is a funny story about Red and his, um... "socializing".

Red isn't neutered? I thought just about all the pounds and animal shelters required that the animals be spayed or neutered. Hopefully, if he isn't neutered that you get him done. There are millions of dogs and cats that are euthanized in shelters.

No, the pound does a wonderful job of placing their dog/cats. They only require that he is chipped and have all shots. I asked our vet, and she said that neutering him wouldn't make any difference in his disposition, so we opted not to. We plan to neuter RJ though.

Oh too funny!!! What a cute face!!! Look at that expression. OMG!!

I don't know what it is about batting but my dogs love to tear it out of sleeping bags...which is why they don't get around my quilts! RJ is adoreable!

Banned
    OMG!!! He is so cute!! You let that baby back in the house! He was just playing!! :lol: :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images

OMG. That is so funny!!!!

aww, poor pup-pup...he did a no no, and out he is...but, he does have to learn.
    It's funny, but the shape of the hole, looks like a dog to me :lol:
    You do know that you can patch the hole, right? So all is not lost.
    I would do like Jingleberry said and get him a crate for those time outs :XD:

The problem was not only did he do the big hole, but he tore an entire strip off of the right side, too. I cut it down and am patching in a whole new piece of batting that will butt up against the old batting. He's mostly an outdoor dog, but since he's so little, I've been having him indoors with me when I'm home. He's got a big pen and doghouse to himself outside when I'm gone. He still comes in (especially right before bed time - so he can stretch out on my lap and give me big puppy kisses) but I definitely keep my eye on him a lot more closely -- no fixing supper when he's inside.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast