Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   quilt found (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/quilt-found-t250688.html)

radarxa 07-25-2014 04:39 AM

That sounds like something I would do...except I would never have had the foresight to attach a note!

quiltin-nannie 07-25-2014 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 6815790)
good for you. I loose so many things that it's ridiculous.
Had it in my hand and haven't moved from my chair is the worst :)

LOL! So glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem! Happens frequently and makes me think I'm losing it!

Nammie to 7 07-25-2014 06:55 AM

I understand completely! That is one reason I try to re-organize in my sewing room every now and then. I'm always amazed at what I find! I have discovered that if I'm looking for something and can't find it in a short time then I need to quit looking. I start cleaning instead and usually find what I'm looking for. By cleaning up each little area I find I don't go though the same items over and over. Glad you were able to find your quilt!

rosiewell 07-25-2014 08:25 AM

well I bought floral fabric that I just loved and when I received it in the mail I was just thrilled to see that it was as beautiful as the pic on the net, now I cannot find it anywhere, I know I washed it and ironed it and then....I am too stubborn to buy more, it has to be somewhere, my sewing area is not that big really.

cathyvv 07-25-2014 08:41 AM

I', too, have put many things in 'safe places' only to have the safe place disappear from my memory.

maviskw 07-26-2014 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by cathyvv (Post 6817061)
I', too, have put many things in 'safe places' only to have the safe place disappear from my memory.

I had bought a large piece of fabric to be used as a neutral background for a quilt. It was all ironed and ready to go, so I put it in a "safe place". Af few weeks later I was ready to use it, and couldn't find it. I ended up buying another piece. Then, after the quilt was finished, I found the first piece: hanging over a hanger in the closet in the sewing room. "Safe", right? I never thought to look there. I had never hung up fabric before.

tessagin 07-26-2014 05:51 AM

Same thing happened to me couple years ago. DH dislikes it but I now use clear plastic storage containers and have a list contents in ziplocs at the front inside of container. Have stocked up on the ziplocs ex-large storage bags also.

bearisgray 07-26-2014 05:58 AM

I am so glad you found your "missing" quilt.

I, too, have missing items that I'm reasonably sure should still be somewhere around!

MargeD 07-26-2014 11:59 AM

Isn't it amazing what you can find when you are cleaning out closets? I once "misplaced" a quilt I was making for my DH on our 25th wedding anniversary and he didn't get it until 5 years later because I had rearranged things in my sewing room to make room for my brother who was visiting so it took a while to figure out where I'd put it. He did get the quilt, just not for our 25th anniversary.

QUILTNMO 07-26-2014 05:23 PM

sounds so familar glad you found it!!