Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   quilt found (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/quilt-found-t250688.html)

judykay 07-24-2014 10:35 AM

quilt found

I have been searching all year for a quilt that I have all pieced and decided how I wanted to quilt it with no avail until today. I decided my craft closet was way past due for a good cleaning/sorting and found a diaper bag that was given to me when my 15yr old grandson was born. I had a note pinned to it "quilt inside", when I opened it I found the quilt that has been missing and was so excited. I am not putting it back where I found it as I want to get it marked and started. It is an alphabet quilt that a dear friend of mine embroidered and I pieced, I had put it away as I had some other quilts that needed to get done and forgot where I put it. When I went looking for it I can't tell how many times I moved the diaper bag and did not see the note I pinned to it. Now back to cleaning the closet UGH !!!, but I am a happy camper for my find.

quiltstringz 07-24-2014 10:46 AM

Well that gives me hope. I placed a piece of fabric years ago in a VERY secure place. We are going through the same cleaning process so I am hoping that I find it.

Congrats on finding your missing quilt!

KalamaQuilts 07-24-2014 10:46 AM

good for you. I loose so many things that it's ridiculous.
Had it in my hand and haven't moved from my chair is the worst :)

KwiltyKahy 07-24-2014 11:06 AM

Sounds like my house. Gives me hope.

judykay 07-24-2014 11:26 AM

Glad to hear I am not the only one, especially when I sit something down and have not moved. This particular quilt I have been looking for for over a year. Now to find the time to quilt it, maybe this winter as I have too many in various stages and have not even started putting the closet back together. I just tossed everything in the middle of the floor and am starting with what ever is the closest to me.

ManiacQuilter2 07-24-2014 01:38 PM

I spend half of my lifetime looking for fabrics, I got three rippers and I was lucky to have found one. I don't have the tiny ones, I have the F&P ones and they still go AWOL!!

yngldy 07-24-2014 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by judykay (Post 6815831)
Glad to hear I am not the only one, especially when I sit something down and have not moved. This particular quilt I have been looking for for over a year. Now to find the time to quilt it, maybe this winter as I have too many in various stages and have not even started putting the closet back together. I just tossed everything in the middle of the floor and am starting with what ever is the closest to me.

You can see the middle of your floor??!! LOL

Sassylass 07-25-2014 02:47 AM

You mean there is hope for me yet??? I have a piece of fabric that I used in a quilt and want to use it again....if I can find it. So far it is winning :(

lclang 07-25-2014 04:24 AM

Am currently missing three pink and green quilt tops...all put into a "safe" place to await quilting. Well, I guess it's safe, even I can't find them! They will show up when I am looking for something else.

solstice3 07-25-2014 04:36 AM

I do that more often than I want to admit