Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   RAK Thank You! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rak-thank-you-t172506.html)

quiltymom 05-08-2012 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by cherrio (Post 5202809)
wow, page 124 and I'm just seeing this thread?! so where does one find an address to send a RAK? I only have a few addresses from 1 swap I did here on the board.pm me with an answer cause I can never find an old post to check for new posts. I know-hopeless I am I am

Sent you a Pm with all the info!!!!! Sue

arizonagirl 05-08-2012 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 5185005)
louise you are very generous hearted. thanks sew much for thinking of this and only if you want/can really spare it. i have been shifted into crisis management mode since my sil was confirmed diagnosed with the big "C" yesterday and i have their 3 children the rest of the week. i probably will not get to wally world soon.

my db & sil have been on a 2 month odyssey to finally get to this diagnosis. the docs thought she was having heart problems so that's where they were looking. now that it's confirmed she has the big "C", they both are winding through the process to find out where exactly it is(uterine, ovarian), stage & progression if any. my db & sil are both in their early to mid 40's and understandably overwhelmed right now so i will be a concerned & praying sister & auntie this week to give them time to do their emotional wrangling.

if any of you feel so inclined, i ask for your thoughts & prayers for their family. i am one who truly believes that prayer changes things.

mary

Mary working on getting caught up on all the posts and just saw this. I will be praying for your family.

arizonagirl 05-08-2012 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by hoppa (Post 5191262)
Five RAK's went out this morning as was hoping to send out more but that was all I could handle right now without overexerting myself. Will see if maybe next week I can do a few more as sure felt good to finally get some out! they are heading hmmm in all directions.

Just read your posts. Hope that you are doing well. The hospital is no fun as we both know.

arizonagirl 05-08-2012 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by craftykk (Post 5192840)
I have lots of scrapbook stuff to rak

:)

I do scrapbooking.

Quilty-Louise 05-09-2012 07:06 AM

oh boy oh boy oh boy

Oh boy

As you all know I had a phone interview with Scottrade on
Tuesday morning. I felt it went well, but then you can never
tell about those things, because you can't see the interviewers
face to "read" them.
He told me that he would be contacting me either later this week
or next week with more information either way for going further.

He called me just a feel minutes ago to request step 3 the "In person"
interview that will be on Friday morning at 8am.

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am nervous and excited.

Nancy in Louisiana 05-09-2012 07:16 AM

Way to go!!!!!!! Crossing all my fingers and toes for you, and my eyes. I'm sure the next few days are going to seem endless for you, so you can get a lot of sewing done!

Krystyna 05-09-2012 07:24 AM

Louise, fingers crossed. I hope this job is what you want and what you need and that you will be happy in it.
Cheerio, PM Quilty-Louise to ask her to put you on the list for the next update. Although from the sound of it, that might take a while.
Does anyone have a Keurig cofee machine?

Ladybug 1938 05-09-2012 01:04 PM

I've got 8 RAK's going out on Friday, East, West, North and South..... Was going to mail them tomorrow but DH and Son will be busy so no PO for me...

walk-n-roll 05-09-2012 06:23 PM

I sent a PM but I also want to thank hoppa here on the thread for a great RAK. He sent me a nice simple quilt pattern that I am anxious to try and some fabric. Thanks again for your thoughtfulness.

hoppa 05-10-2012 05:00 AM

Your very welcome Dianaand enjoy the goodies/

Originally Posted by walk-n-roll (Post 5206230)
I sent a PM but I also want to thank hoppa here on the thread for a great RAK. He sent me a nice simple quilt pattern that I am anxious to try and some fabric. Thanks again for your thoughtfulness.