Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Regarding complaints about the 'new' board (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/regarding-complaints-about-new-board-t115763.html)

seamstome 04-14-2011 04:46 AM

The slowness has pretty much gone away and NO I didnt need a defrag. Something happened when they changed over. It should not take 5-8 minutes to load on very high speed cable or DSL.

As far as the ads, I dont mind them as long as they are appropriate. But there are more of them.

nab1213 04-14-2011 04:51 AM

Amen

moreland 04-14-2011 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by quilt1950

Originally Posted by quiltmaker
I also feel it is well worth mentioning where else can you sell anywhere for free with the size of the membership here? Trade, give donations, etc., etc. The vast number of forums created a niche for anyone and everyone.

I for one am very thankful that Admin took an unbelieveable amount of time to create this unprecedented board for quilters. Personally I know of no where else on the internet that provides all this board offers free or even with a fee. The accumulated years of knowledge of the members is extraordinary and their willingness to share and help others is beyond comparison.

We all should be thankful for what this amazing board has given to us in more ways than just our shared love of quilting.

My sentiments exactly :thumbup:

I agree fully. My slow problems also disappeared after I cleared my history--probably hadn't been done "in forever"!

okiepastor 04-14-2011 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by mynani
I must disagree with all of you. I am finding the slowness of this board very frustrating to use. The ads do not bother me as much as the time it takes to download each ad and then each picture.I do so love sitting here each morning with my coffee but seriously doubt if I have the time to wait for all the beautiful pictures of these talented people to download.

Have you cleared your browser cache or history? If not, that is the problem-----If you have , then send a note to Admin, as they want it to work properly. I had an answer back from them quite promptly.

Dotsie 04-14-2011 05:47 AM

Oh mo! I am very far away and you people don't know how much this board means to me. Thank you ever so much again.

Dotsie 04-14-2011 05:47 AM

Oh mo! I am very far away and you people don't know how much this board means to me. Thank you ever so much again.

tntgranny 04-14-2011 05:58 AM

I agree that this site is free and if there are ads - so be it. Also, I have clicked on some of the ads and found things I needed. I don't see a problem with the ads - until that are big enough that they overpower the content of the board.

cafegold2 04-14-2011 06:02 AM

It's called cookies.

Yooper32 04-14-2011 06:11 AM

Everything has a price. I consider this a small price to pay for the great dividends we get on this board.

quiltaroni 04-14-2011 07:06 AM

The price of everything has gone up lately, fabric,classes,notions etc. etc.etc. but the tips, knowledge help of all kinds,fun and entertainment are still free here .I for one am truly grateful!