Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   rich & famous? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rich-famous-t47838.html)

susie0808 06-04-2010 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by aliaslaceygreen

Originally Posted by susie0808
Dh and I went to the city to see Dinner Theatre on Broadway. John Ritter and Henry Winkler were in this show. We arrived at the theatre early so we waited out side the doors. Henry Winkler walked right up to us and introduced himself.We chatted for a few minutes then he shook our hands. Such a sweet man. Very personable, friendly and down to earth. Not at all what I expected. Was always a fan but after meeting him most definately a huge fan now. Great guy!

I remember meeting Henry Winkler on a street in NYC about 20 years ago...we were stopped at a corner, otherwise I wouldn't have said anything (you ignore celebrities in NYC...I once was walking down near 14th St and Susan Sarandan and Tim Robbins were having a "talk" out on the sidewalk...it looked pretty intense, you just keep moving!! LOL)

Johnny Kelly lived in my apartment building for years...it was so sad/ funny when all the young teenaged boys found out and started wanting to hang around our steps with my DD...she didn't realize they were hoping to meet him (a drummer from a heavy metal band, Type O Negative)

It is interesting that he walked up to us! But we were there to see his show! :) I go to the city often and unfortunately I don't pay attention to see if there are other celebs in the area. I always felt that they want to be like everyone else... just living their life. :wink:

mjsylvstr 06-04-2010 06:52 AM

Through my daughter....I have met with Ed Asner a few times.

She began writing to him when in her early teens and he answered and they have continued to do so over the years......

Boston1954 06-04-2010 06:34 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A few hockey players:
Grant Fuhr
Wayne Gretzky
Brian Hayward
Patrick Roy
Rick Green

Singers:
Ray Stevens
Tom T. Hall

Oh, and in December of 1983 James Best (Rosco P. Coltrane) called me on the phone to thank me for sending him a crocheted afghan. He also sent me a couple of pictures. He is very nice.

Tom T. Hall in 1980
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79595[/ATTACH]

Ray Stevens looking at my jacket
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79597[/ATTACH]

James Best enjoying his afghan
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79598[/ATTACH]

smagruder 06-05-2010 02:08 PM

I met Jesse Stuart, the great Kentucky poet Laurete. Actually, he was from the same county in Kentucky where I was born. My brother used to go to his house all the time... Jesses neice was in my brother classes in high school. He was just a delightful common down home kind of gentleman. He has written many books and poems.

smagruder 06-05-2010 02:09 PM

Oh, I am related to Elvis Presley and Tom T. Hall.... never met them though.

debbieumphress 06-05-2010 10:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Me and Eleanor Burns at the Houston International Quilt show last year.

Me And Eleanor (my Project linus shirt)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]80135[/ATTACH]

JanetM 06-05-2010 10:57 PM

My husband and I met Gary Coleman once in Denver. He was very sweet and friendly. So sad that he is gone.

Lostn51 06-05-2010 11:05 PM

I have a few famous folks for clients and have painted several cars for them. And being around the show car crowd I have met and made good friends with a lot of the big time builders and car guys.

Its always funny but to me they are just like anyone else and I do not treat them any different that I treat you guys. I guess thats why they like me so much! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy

CraftsByRobin 06-06-2010 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Melody
Met singer Tom T. Hall and asked if he would let me photograph him with my son... gosh that was about 30 yrs ago! Saw John Travolta in NYC but he looked pretty serious and moving along fast so I didn't even consider speaking to him.

I have lunched with and chatted with a lot of authors... Nora Roberts, LaVyrle Spencer, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Diana Gabaldon, Jennifer Crusie, Karen Moning, Lori Foster, Karen Harper.. plus a lot of Ohio authors.

I would love to meet Nora Roberts she's my all time favorite author!

burnsk 06-06-2010 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I have a few famous folks for clients and have painted several cars for them. And being around the show car crowd I have met and made good friends with a lot of the big time builders and car guys.

Its always funny but to me they are just like anyone else and I do not treat them any different that I treat you guys. I guess thats why they like me so much! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy

Hey, Billy, my son owns a '68 Shelby Mustang. It's an original, not a kit, and all parts are original. It's that popular blue with the white stripe.. It's his "baby blu".
He refers to it as his daughter's college education.