Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   rich & famous? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rich-famous-t47838.html)

marsye 05-31-2010 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I ran into Elmer one time while hunting for wabbit. :thumbup:

Janetlmt 05-31-2010 04:03 PM

My daughter, Jamie is a very personable young woman. No matter where she goes..goofie things happen. When Hillary Clinton was running for President..she was in York, PA for a rally. Jamie decided she would leave work a little early so that she could a front row seat. She sat down..and an older man came up to her and ask if she minded if he sat next to her. He sat there and started to chat with her. Time past..and he excused himself. The rally started..the guy went up on stage and introduced Hillary. Hillary said.."thank you Meathead" It was Rob Reiner from All in the Family.

BKinCO 05-31-2010 04:04 PM

Didn't meet him, but last year I saw Mike Farrell in the Denver Airport (ya know, of MASH, Providence & Desperate Housewives???)...Well there I am walking through the airport and he's sitting at a gate and I call my teenaged son, who is a total TV/movie junkie to tell him who was there. He didn't recognize the name at first and so I said "you know ~ BJ Hunicutt from MASH!" and my son says "Mom ~ that was so long ago ~~~ he's in Desperate Housewives." DUH!

And........let's see........the latest & greatest of Hollywood fame, Ken Jeong (Knocked Up, Pineapple Express, Furry Vengeance, The Hangover) grew up in the house across the street from me. We played at each other's houses for years and years....My hubby and Ken went to lunch together every single day through high school. And now he's on the Big Screen. YIKES.

Eh. That's it ~ my brush with fame ;)

Janetlmt 05-31-2010 04:04 PM

You are a wascle , LOL

fabric-holic 05-31-2010 04:08 PM

I forgot to mention this one but it doesn't really count since it doesn't involve me.
I have a friend in Toledo, OH whose daughter went to high school with Katie Holmes (Tom Cruise's wife).

Minnesewta-sam 05-31-2010 04:13 PM

I went to the national kitchen and bath shows for over ten years and I met a few celebs. Jeff Smith (the frugal gormet) got his autograph. Also had photo taken with Michael from Extreme Home makeover one year and another year I got photo with the Maytag repair guys....fun!

Blue Bell 05-31-2010 04:28 PM

I met Larry, Daryl and Daryl from the Newhart Show in Middlebury, VT

marsye 05-31-2010 04:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Blue Bell
I met Larry, Daryl and Daryl from the Newhart Show in Middlebury, VT

Blue Bell 05-31-2010 05:07 PM

How did you come up with their picture so quickly? You are THE picture queen!

susie0808 05-31-2010 05:10 PM

Dh and I went to the city to see Dinner Theatre on Broadway. John Ritter and Henry Winkler were in this show. We arrived at the theatre early so we waited out side the doors. Henry Winkler walked right up to us and introduced himself.We chatted for a few minutes then he shook our hands. Such a sweet man. Very personable, friendly and down to earth. Not at all what I expected. Was always a fan but after meeting him most definately a huge fan now. Great guy!