Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Robocall scam (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/robocall-scam-t304613.html)

sewnclog 05-10-2019 05:46 PM

My phone has call blocking on it so I have mostly eliminated most of those nasty type calls. And I LOVE the ones that say "you are getting this call (usually for a back or knee brace) because someone at this number requested the information". I think not! I am the only 'someone' at this number and I didn't request it.

Bueniebabe 05-11-2019 01:05 AM

2 days in a row I had 24 calls both days. Today I got one they are going to get in my bank account. My bank just beefed up all their stuff. It would scare a older person. I just hate the phone ringing so much. I never pick it up when I don't know the number or someone talks if I want to talk to them. I called the phone company. All they could tell me was press star 2 0 star and hold it down.

luvstoquilt 05-11-2019 04:28 AM

Leonf, you are so right! I have complained for many years. It is my phone and I pay the bill. What right do they have to call and disturb me? Personally, I think the phone company could stop it. Why were we able to have cell phones that weren’t bothered for so long and why has that suddenly changed?

SusieQOH 05-11-2019 04:50 AM

We can laugh about these idiot calls but I do worry about older folks. Wish they would all just find a new line of work!

crafty pat 05-11-2019 11:25 AM

We get up to 16 calls on Monday and Tuesday. I will not answer any number I don't know who is calling.

Stitchnripper 05-11-2019 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 8251716)
We can laugh about these idiot calls but I do worry about older folks. Wish they would all just find a new line of work!

They are idiot calls. But, we are "older folks" and don't answer either! Just today Mr. Stitchnripper's phone rang twice while we were out. Didn't recognize callers so just didn't answer. He pushed the button to stop the call.

carolynjo 05-12-2019 07:04 AM

I, took, get robo calls. I answer and then lay the phone down and let them talk on their own nickle. Most do not call back..

SusieQOH 05-13-2019 04:32 AM

I got a call the other day from some guy talking about my "final expenses". I told him I was going to live forever but thanks for thinking of me! :D

I don't usually answer random calls but when my Mom was sick I got a lot of calls that weren't recognizable so that's how that guy got in. :)

Darcyshannon 05-17-2019 04:12 PM

Well, it was signed into law in the last two years that companies could access and call our cell phones. It was a protection I had enjoyed. I detest the wacky text messages.

tranum 05-17-2019 07:37 PM

Even if I decline the call, my phone rings at the most inopportune time & I gotta pull it out to see it’s a call I won’t take. On my hands & knees in the garden or scrubbing a floor or half-ways in the door with both hands full of grocery bags or on a ladder washing a window or catching a much needed nap in the chair. These callers have no right to intrude in our lives.