Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Sadly we have lost a creative leader that changed us (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/sadly-we-have-lost-creative-leader-changed-us-t158304.html)

craftynell 10-06-2011 10:51 AM

I am very sad. Yes I cried too. My son knew him and it was very sad for him also. We will miss him. He was a wonderful man.

Ileen 10-06-2011 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by marymm
I agree. He was a creative genius.

plainpat 10-06-2011 12:48 PM

We're also an Apple family. DD's hub is the one who got us interested, now we all but one are Apple fans.Love my Mac Book & DD is in love with her iPad...LOL
he was quite a visonary.I enjoy reading about him.What a talent he had!.

Originally Posted by Murphy1
It is a sad that we lost the creative talents of Steve Jobs so soon. I have been a fan of Apple since our family bought an Apple 11 in the early 80's and soon moved to the Mac. I am from the Bay Area and have always loved their products.

I sit now reflecting on all the tech devices that Apple has given every day ordinary people. I write now on a MacBook Air, I text on an iPhone. Steve you were a visionary and will be sorely missed.

vharris 10-06-2011 01:11 PM

I heard it said that Steve was our Einstein for our generation and he will be greatly missed.

madamekelly 10-06-2011 03:05 PM

His imac made it possible for a compu-dufus like me, to operate a computer. Thank you Steve. You will be missed.

happymrs 10-06-2011 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
His imac made it possible for a compu-dufus like me, to operate a computer. Thank you Steve. You will be missed.

Me too, that & being married to a techy, who loves anything Mac!...

dljennings 10-06-2011 05:01 PM

my youngest dd was involved in FIRST robotics for all 4 years of high school...

Steve Jobs was a founder of that organization...she met him 3-4 times.. he was always great to the kids & interested in all they wanted to show him..

that kind of talent & generosity is rare.. he will be missed.

JoanneS 10-06-2011 08:23 PM

I bought my first Mac when my DD was at Stanford in '84, and students got a GREAT deal on them. They could buy one a year, so we inherited one the 2nd year she was there. That one went to my folks the next year - when they were in their 70s. They joined the local Mac club in Tucson, and the people there were very welcoming - delighted to have a couple of 70-year-olds learning to use a computer! All due to Steve Jobs! When email came along, my Mom quickly jumped on the bandwagon - got in touch with people she had not written to in years. Wrote letters and demanded that they learn how to do email! Some did - especially one of her sisters.

leiladylei54 10-06-2011 08:55 PM

Ah yes, once an Apple/Mac fan, always an Apple/Mac fan. I would never buy anything else. I've had 5 of them and still love them. Not like I needed to buy a new one but kept getting talked into getting a new one because the computer was 7 years old. LOL He was such a visionary and will be sorely missed for all the innovative technological breakthroughs he developed for the world.

haircut2 10-06-2011 08:59 PM

All my kids have the "I" products they are wonderful. (Never wanted to splurge, but sure was jealous) When seeing Steve on tv he always seemed like a very down to earth, nice guy. Such a shame his life was so short!