Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Scary movies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/scary-movies-t161091.html)

hobbykat1955 10-17-2011 11:00 AM

House on Haunted Hill...Vincent Price

dreamboat 10-17-2011 11:05 AM

no scary movies for me.

Chris Little 10-17-2011 11:05 AM

Love to watch Ghost Adventure with Zak, Aaron and Nick... tee hee think they are cuties... no nightmares here ;-)

valsma 10-17-2011 11:14 AM

Yes, and befitting the season it is the original Halloween. I remember the first time I saw that movie and where. What a fun night that was.

I love this time of year to because they play all the haunted hotel/house/graveyard shows on the travel channel and history channels. Love them.

And like the last few years I will be watching online the Ghost Hunters live Halloween special. I hope they tell their guest to shut up so we can hear something if it happens.

Got to thinking about another movie that is a Halloween favorite to watch while waiting on those little ghost and goblins to knock on the door, Rocky Horror Picture Show. Not scarey, a bit twisted but fun every time. Someday even if i'm really old i'm going to a midnight showing. I haven't been able to get tickets and I have tried. They sell out so fast.

Cheri_J 10-17-2011 11:36 AM

I love the "monster" movies from the 40s and 50s. The Creature from the Black Lagoon is my all time favorite.

For current movies, the SYFY channel doesn't show Mansquito often enough. The worse the acting, the better.

Zhillslady 10-17-2011 11:48 AM

the original jeepers creepers and original Halloween. You can't beat a classic that includes a plot. The newer ones are just hack and slash which is ok but I like a story line.

Glassquilt 10-17-2011 11:54 AM

I enjoy the Disney type and the old horror movies. The ones that leave scary stuff to the viewer imagination.
I tend to critique the special effects and then tear the movie apart.

jeanne307 10-17-2011 12:29 PM

Wow what a great thread... I would have to say some of my faves are Halloween, Halloween H20, Paranormal Activity 1 and 2, Fright night, Salems Lot, The Shining, and pretty much anything else by Stephen King. Oh and Legion is a good movie... and I dont know if it is just me or what but I love The Grindhouse series of movies...

Can't wait to see Paranormal Activity 3... although my hubby says he is not going to go with me... trying to talk my sister and nephew into going with me.

Edited to add: I love Ghost Hunters and Paranormal Witness... watch these every week all year long lol... although my mom and dad live in a haunted house so I don't go to those anymore lol

3incollege 10-17-2011 02:34 PM

love scary movies!! Along time ago I watched "Wait Until Dark" at the movies. I think that is my favorite.

WMUTeach 10-18-2011 04:20 AM

No scary ones for me. I avoid them and look for the sweet sappy ones. We each have our own cups of tea, right?