Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Selfies! Stop it! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/selfies-stop-t251454.html)

Nammie to 7 08-07-2014 05:40 AM

I do some Facebook and do like the occasional selfie but every day -- I think not!

psychonurse 08-07-2014 05:55 AM

I have blocked a few ppl on facebook because Everyday they post a pic of grandkids, not my circus, not my monkey.
but I like FB as someone said to keep up with the news. and I really like the quilting stuff I see.

Jingle 08-07-2014 09:03 AM

Only see selfies with my new Granddaughter in law and Grandson. He is Army and living in Virginia/D.C. area. So they are very welcomed.

Billi 08-07-2014 09:32 AM

Selfie don't bother me.....it's very easy to just hide someone's feed so there is no need to see them everyday. Then you just have to go see their page if you are interested. Pictures, of kids, grandkids or even your dog are fine with me, even the silly game requests are not a problem again easy enough to hide or block.

I hate the high horse political crap even if I agree with your views I'm tired of being beat upside the head with them. Personally I like FB for the pictutes and often amusing stories from my friends and family. I find if I am hiding thier posts often enough or censoring my probably rude comment on post then maybe we are not really friends after all so I unfriend them. Unless they have very few friends they will never notice.

ptquilts 08-07-2014 09:55 AM

Most of my "Friends" are cousins (I have a LOT) - funny how some are so conservative and others are so liberal!! I read it all.

What I can't stand are the self-righteous, "if you don't repost this or set as your profile picture for an hour, I know you don't really care about me/my religion/my cause."

Billi 08-07-2014 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts (Post 6835722)
Most of my "Friends" are cousins (I have a LOT) - funny how some are so conservative and others are so liberal!! I read it all.

What I can't stand are the self-righteous, "if you don't repost this or set as your profile picture for an hour, I know you don't really care about me/my religion/my cause."

Omg that's the other one I hate most people who post those do nothing in real life to make a difference. I call it self righteous grandstanding.

thimblebug6000 08-07-2014 03:30 PM

My pet peeve is people who "share" absolutely everything that comes to their page. I finally just click on the "no notifications" and every once in awhile I'll check on her home page to see if there's anything she wrote herself; not much! (my Sis...and I love her very much, but I'm not interested in horror news stories or things that look like something from a trash magazine.... ) oh well... whatever floats your boat.... FB works for some of us and not so much for others... great that we get the choice.

Haha... just for fun I checked her page... there are 17 shares & not one of her own postings. :D

Pam B 08-07-2014 04:52 PM

I have blocked alot of people. I don't care for frequent selfies, I don't need to know what people are doing every moment of the day, I don't want political posts, I don't want invites to play games, and I don't care for rude cartoons. I guess I'm just a pretty dull person.

decky 08-07-2014 05:00 PM

My eye doctor did a selfie when I was in his office. I no longer go to him, which has been over 4 or 5 years. Really turned me off.

pocoellie 08-07-2014 05:03 PM

I have to agree with NJ Quilter, I don't do facebook, twitter or whatever other kind of "social media" crap that is out there.