Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Selfies! Stop it! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/selfies-stop-t251454.html)

Sandygirl 08-07-2014 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by decky (Post 6836175)
My eye doctor did a selfie when I was in his office. I no longer go to him, which has been over 4 or 5 years. Really turned me off.

THAT is hilarious! Scary, sad too.
Sandy

Purpleprint 08-07-2014 05:13 PM

Oddly I didn't even know what a selfie is, had to ask my son.

Carol Wilson 08-08-2014 02:36 AM

Facebook is wastebook, get a life.

duckydo 08-08-2014 03:12 AM

I agree with you! Why are folks so obsessed with their selves? I have a middle aged friend that changes her profile picture several times a week. All selfies. she can never take a candid shot, all are posed. And when she takes pictures of her grandkids she is always in them. It is pretty self centered if you ask me. Get over your self already!

Caswews 08-08-2014 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by mermaid (Post 6835436)
re Facebook...I do email, snail mail, and phone. I prefer my info not be "out there". That is just me.

__________________________________________________ ________________
I agree..there is too much of information that is out there about an individual ... just amazing !

ptquilts 08-08-2014 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Carol Wilson (Post 6836425)

I check FB about once a day to see what the kids/GKs are up to, and I like to see photos of them. I rarely post anything. (and DEFINITELY no selfies!!)

farmquilter 08-08-2014 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by mermaid (Post 6835436)
re Facebook...I do email, snail mail, and phone. I prefer my info not be "out there". That is just me.

You are not alone, I am not one to let everyone know each time I turn around. Feel they are obsessed and something is lacking in their life.

Onebyone 08-08-2014 05:02 AM

Facebook fans say the same thing about quilting board fans.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 08-08-2014 05:18 AM

That is pretty rude. Facebook can be just another way of looking at quilting. It is no more of a waste than this page is. Each to their own.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 08-08-2014 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by duckydo (Post 6836454)
I agree with you! Why are folks so obsessed with their selves? I have a middle aged friend that changes her profile picture several times a week. All selfies. she can never take a candid shot, all are posed. And when she takes pictures of her grandkids she is always in them. It is pretty self centered if you ask me. Get over your self already!

I have a friend like this, too. It cracks me up. She may have cute grandkids, but we will never know because she manages to take up more than half the space in every picture. :D