Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   September weight loss 2015 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/september-weight-loss-2015-a-t269377.html)

Leann 09-21-2015 01:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I hope someone can help me. I put away a project that I am handquilting over a year ago so that I could make quilts for Christmas. I took out all the safety pins and thread basted it before storing it away. It is my first project using stencils instead of 1/4" from seam quilting. You know how Eleanor Burns makes it look so easy to ease it all together so perfectly. I made this quilt especially for a handquilting project, complete with a muslin backing and green thread. I am so unhappy with it, and I've only just started. To be blunt, I have no idea what I'm doing.

The stencil has 3 sections, a center and two borders. I must have expected the design to flow across the back. Since I've almost finished one completion of the 3 sections, do I just do it again - like putting quilt blocks in a row?

Here are a couple of photos showing the stencils up against what I've already done. Any guidance is so appreciated.

Annaquilts 09-21-2015 01:28 PM

the stencil looks like it has a pattern for an out border, sashing and for the block but I like it how you did it too. I think it might be a good idea to do it just like you described, like putting quilt blocks together.

Leann 09-21-2015 01:50 PM

Thanks Anna, after posting the image, I could see what I needed to do. And you are right, it would have been better to save the borders - for the borders! I'm not about to take it out and start over. I'm using what I've done as a sort of medallion center and will surround that with other sections.

Thanks again.

Annaquilts 09-21-2015 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Leann (Post 7323891)
Thanks Anna, after posting the image, I could see what I needed to do. And you are right, it would have been better to save the borders - for the borders! I'm not about to take it out and start over. I'm using what I've done as a sort of medallion center and will surround that with other sections.

Thanks again.

It is lovely! Indeed no need to take it out. I think by accident you stumbled on a very nice design.

meanmom 09-22-2015 03:38 PM

I have FQ from the following for September. Let me know if I miss anyone. AnnaQuilts, #1Piecemaker,Marychristine, PamH, JimsGem, CreateFourPaws, BeckyW, JaninFl, LeAnn, Meanmom. Good luck everyone.

meanmom 09-22-2015 04:19 PM

I was trying to come up with FQ themes for the next 3 months. I thought for October Christmas would be good so you will have time to sew them up for Christmas gifts. November-Pink and December -White for the snow. If you plan on staying in for 3 months it saves to send them together. I found the best way to send them was in an envelope about 5x7ish size. 1 FQ will fit in a legal sized envelope.

Annaquilts 09-22-2015 04:48 PM

I was chuckling just thinking of November/Thanksgiving, and December/ Christmas with all of its goodies. Oh and never mind all the mini chocolate bars for October/Halloween. I hope I will be good even if not for loosing the weight but for my blood sugar.

I am not sure what to do about white. All I can think of is white on white. Not too thrilling. Can we do something else? Anything? LOL I hope I am not too difficult.

Annaquilts 09-22-2015 04:51 PM

What I have been working on. Pictures!

4 Attachment(s)
The Hedgehog quilt is for my 8 month old grandson. yes, grandma took forever to finish it. The scrappy 1930 reproduction square in a square quilt is for the baby girl of a church friend.

meanmom 09-22-2015 06:17 PM

Anna, what about black and white.

Pam H 09-22-2015 06:34 PM

Anna, those are both wonderful!!
I use so much white and white on white so those would be fine with me but anything else would be fine too. It has been so long since I have won that I really shouldn't give any input anyway.