Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Shark Floor Steamer Cleaner (#%$#@#) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/shark-floor-steamer-cleaner-%25%24-%40-t83701.html)

lylamarie 12-18-2010 01:00 PM

Has anyone had the Shark Floor Steamer? This is my third in 2 years. THey are only lasting me 4-6 months and that is using it once a week or less. I have someone come in and wash my floors for me and she got one when I got my first and she is still using hers. I have only used filtered water. What gives with the shark products. This steamer is quite light so that I can use it when I have to. THis just sucks!!!!! My last one died yesterday and only 5 months old.

amma 12-18-2010 01:04 PM

There is a difference between filtered water and distilled water... could this be the problem? :D:D:D

Vanuatu Jill 12-18-2010 01:13 PM

Returned my Shark iron last week after only 2 weeks-leaked terribly. I won't buy Shark anything again. I was wanting the floor steamer (I HATE my Swifter!), now I'll look for something else. I am going to check with Consumer Reports for ratings.

Sue Fors 12-18-2010 01:17 PM

I bought a Shark, and returned it within 45 min. I tried to clean my kitchen floor, and steamed one section for nearly 10 minutes! I would love to have it work; it just didn't.

Prism99 12-18-2010 01:29 PM

You might want to look for a different brand of floor steamer; there are tons. Start with Amazon and see what the comments are on them. They come in many different levels of quality in terms of how much moisture is in the steam, what the pressure is, etc.

Vanuatu Jill 12-18-2010 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99
You might want to look for a different brand of floor steamer; there are tons. Start with Amazon and see what the comments are on them. They come in many different levels of quality in terms of how much moisture is in the steam, what the pressure is, etc.

That is what I do now - when I bought my sewing machine and researching irons too. Good prices most of the time and no sales tax or shipping!

donnajean 12-18-2010 01:40 PM

I've been using my Shark cleaner for about a year on my porcelain tile floor & it does a great job. I even use regular tap water, but make sure to empty it after each use.

raedar63 12-18-2010 01:43 PM

I usually mop the "old fashioned way" first then use the shark, I do not think they will hold up for real heavy duty cleaning. I LOVE how clean my floor feels after I use mine.

bjnicholson 12-18-2010 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63
I usually mop the "old fashioned way" first then use the shark, I do not think they will hold up for real heavy duty cleaning. I LOVE how clean my floor feels after I use mine.

raedar63, I love your avatar! He/she is soooo cute!

Carron 12-18-2010 01:47 PM

After doing lots of research on the steam cleaners I bought a Bissel. It is great. Good luch on your next purchas.