Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Sitting in court all day again today. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/sitting-court-all-day-again-today-t142260.html)

brushandthimble 08-04-2011 04:58 PM

best wishes and God Bless to a favorable outcome.

Katts 14 08-04-2011 05:02 PM

My prayers are with you and your family Life is hard enought shame the children are finding out early.

Jingle 08-04-2011 05:11 PM

Youngest Daughter had a judge tell her and ex-hubby about twenty years ago, if you don't care about your kid, then I don't care about your kid. That judge is still on the bench.
I know what I am saying, I'm sure not all of them are like that, he was. Only experience I've had with them.

pbreon 08-04-2011 08:26 PM

hi BellaBoo, so sorry to hear the frustrating news. It sounds like your daugh. and sonIL are doing very positive things that are in the right direction for the sake and safety of the children. I will pray for the decision that it will be in their favor.... it is a sad situation for the children to go through.... I know from past experience... My son, and dear step-children all ended up living with us and full custody, are all adults now have had to go thru this , at the time it was so stressful, and hard for them to understand... today as adults and with children of their own, they are able to understand the decisions we had to make that where all in favor of their well being... I feel very blessed to say I am their step-mom...it was not easy, and looking back, not sure I would change a thing.... My DH is a wonderful father and a great step- dad for my son..
I will be praying for a very positive outcome and a for the Judge presiding...

NannaJen 08-05-2011 02:27 AM

I really feel for you, we had the same situation with my granddaughter and her partner and his four kiddies, after five years of the kiddies being shunted from one to the other, he now has custody and although they love their mum, you can see the difference in them, more relaxed and happy. I hope all goes well for your family.

desertrose 08-05-2011 02:33 PM

I pray the judge has the children best intrest when they rule on this case. My prayers are with you and the children involved. I ask God to bless and guide the judge when rendering the decision and bless all of you with acceptance and understanding when living with the decision coomes down. Bless and keep you all. {{{HUGS & PRAYERS}}}

Margie 08-05-2011 05:04 PM

Prayers for the best possible outcome for everyone..esp the children.

Suz 08-06-2011 03:22 PM

I suggest your DD and brother hire a child advocate, an attorney who will represent just the children. The judge will then hear the children from an unbiased representative. Since they don't want to live with their mother, this will become apparent from their advocate.

nwm50 08-22-2011 06:31 AM

Thankfully...i went thru the dcf & they represented me and had the parent agree with them that my DGD is more best suited to stay with me til both parent can get back on their feet & prove it by attending classes/keeping a job/having their own place but it does take time, at least no bashing but facts be known of what's going on. Hope your DD & SIL can get some fair aggreement fixed up.