Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   So what do you think? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/so-what-do-you-think-t275272.html)

Roberta 02-02-2016 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 7453008)
Just watched last episode of downton......I'm thinking when all is said and done Mary will end up with her widowed brother-in-law? They seem to be drawing closer......

I don't know if it will happen our not, Lady Mary and Tom getting together, but I hope they do. I think he can keep her grounded.

toverly 02-02-2016 07:02 AM

They do seem to be pairing up everyone. I think they will hint at it happening, but not happen. Just my thought.

Snooze2978 02-02-2016 07:11 AM

I agree with Polly that Mary would never consider her brother-in-law as good enough but when you think about it she didn't think Matthew was good enough for her either at the beginning. Stranger things have happened. I pre-ordered Season 6 an its supposed to be delivered today but due to the white-out blizzard we're having I doubt if they will venture out for deliveries, maybe tomorrow I'll receive it.

quilter1 02-02-2016 07:23 AM

I received season 6 last week and have watched it all- not going to spoil it for you though. I must say that I loved this series and wish there were more quality programs like this available to watch. The Dowager Countess sure has some zingers !!

NoraB 02-02-2016 10:02 AM

I didn't start watching it until this season. What is the story about Marigold? They briefly mentioned something this last episode. And, how did Sybil die?

quiltsRfun 02-02-2016 10:42 AM

Marigold is Edith's out-of-wedlock daughter. She's trying to keep it a secret by claiming she's her "ward." Sybil died in childbirth.

NoraB 02-02-2016 11:14 AM

Thanks for the answers!

citruscountyquilter 02-02-2016 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by quilter1 (Post 7453634)
I received season 6 last week and have watched it all- not going to spoil it for you though. I must say that I loved this series and wish there were more quality programs like this available to watch. The Dowager Countess sure has some zingers !!

If you have Netflix there are a lot of quality shows, especially British shows. I love Foyle's War, George Gently, Last Tango in Halifax to name a few. I wish American TV would offer something decent but haven't been able to find much other than some Hallmark series and Blue Bloods and a few others. We have gone to watching mostly Netflix anymore.

nativetexan 02-02-2016 01:16 PM

the last episode! number 6? I don't get it until next Sunday.

quilter1 02-02-2016 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by NoraB (Post 7453755)
I didn't start watching it until this season. What is the story about Marigold? They briefly mentioned something this last episode. And, how did Sybil die?

Oh NoraB, you have to watch it from the beginning!! Please promise that you will!