Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   So what do you think? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/so-what-do-you-think-t275272.html)

slbram17 02-02-2016 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 7453008)
Just watched last episode of downton......I'm thinking when all is said and done Mary will end up with her widowed brother-in-law? They seem to be drawing closer......

That's an interesting theory. Not sure. Only thing I notice for sure is the writer seems to be wrapping different story lines up quickly. Like the burst ulcer and it turning out fine (like in ten minutes show time). They are definitely not stretching things out, in my opinion.

I am just catching up, starting season 5, which I did watch hit and miss. Love the show though, and I think it is ending too soon. I do think there was a lot of potential for additional story lines. But oh well.

Serita

slbram17 02-02-2016 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by NoraB (Post 7453755)
I didn't start watching it until this season. What is the story about Marigold? They briefly mentioned something this last episode. And, how did Sybil die?

You really need to watch the entire series...so much information you need to get a full grasp of this series. It's worth it.

slbram17 02-02-2016 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by quilter1 (Post 7453948)
Oh NoraB, you have to watch it from the beginning!! Please promise that you will!

Definitely agree with you. I'd be lost if I hadn't been catching up with past seasons.

slbram17 02-02-2016 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by quilter1 (Post 7453634)
I received season 6 last week and have watched it all- not going to spoil it for you though. I must say that I loved this series and wish there were more quality programs like this available to watch. The Dowager Countess sure has some zingers !!

And Downton Abbey won the Dramatic Cast award of the Screen Actors Guild over the weekend. I was very happy for that.

ctyankee 02-02-2016 06:42 PM

I've been hoping that Tom & Mary would pair up since they've been working on the estate together. Even though Mary said she wouldn't "marry down," I think she'll come around ... she & Tom are already friends & getting closer all the time. I started watching when I got the boxed set of DVDs for the first 3 years one Christmas. So we watched the show & fell in love with it just before Season 4 started. I had a bunch of story lines in my head, thinking that this show could go on for years, & then they announced this is the final season. I agree that this season is going by rapidly. They appear to be matching up people & finalizing all the loose ends. Only 4 more episodes to go. Not happy about that.

Geri B 02-03-2016 07:12 AM

I too agree things are wrapping up "rather quickly" as they say! I think Cook (mrs. ?) will be leaning toward Mr. Mason- daisy's father in law; daisy and the farm helper/house boy; barrow ?

i found one line sort of strange in this last episode.....when mrs Hughes was talking to Cook about what Carson said to her about her cooking " not being like his mother's". My first thought was...he was employed in service at the house since a young man, eating whatever was cooked there...why suddenly recalling and expecting food like mama made!
oh well, just an observation.....

marge954 02-03-2016 07:18 AM

I'd love to see the Russian man come back for the Dowager!

ManiacQuilter2 02-03-2016 08:04 AM

MUM should be the word until everyone has had a chance to watch the episodes!

Onebyone 02-03-2016 08:13 AM

I've seen the last ever episodes. Everything is resolved in surprising ways. I'll miss the show. It is excellent tv.

institches33 02-03-2016 08:53 AM

PBS offers the series during their fundraising programs.

Originally Posted by Karamarie (Post 7453521)
Does anyone know if there is or will be a set of DVDs of the whole series put out?