Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Some people will steal anything!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/some-people-will-steal-anything-t271147.html)

MamaSue 10-17-2015 12:04 PM

"he who will steal an egg will steal an ox"

Kimcatlou 10-18-2015 05:35 AM

Whew--I checked the garbage bags

Originally Posted by Ditter43 (Post 7347128)
Today my dh went to one of the big box stores. Since he was out, he took a large garbage bag with our recycle "trash" and threw it into the back of his truck. When he came out of the store, it was gone!!!I always make sure nothing with our name or address is in the recycle stuff so I am not worried in that regard. My husband called the sheriffs' office when he got home, just in case they dump it somewhere. I swear, we have had a lot of laughs about it. I hope they enjoy going through our trash!!!!

Several years ago my dh and I moved to a retirement home. Most of the family helped us discard what we didn't want to take with us. However, once when I looked outside I spotted 3 filled black garbage bags near the garbage can. After a while I decided that maybe I should check on what was inside the bags. Thank goodness I did; inside were most of my sewing supplies. (Nobody ever confessed to putting the supplies in the bags, but I have my suspicions!)

red-warrior 10-18-2015 06:05 AM

So sad, but a good laugh!

silverfoxmag 10-18-2015 07:20 AM

My laugh for the day, thank you!

EmiliasNana 10-18-2015 08:56 AM

My dad once knew a guy who had a Drs. appt. and couldn't find a suitable bottle to put his urine sample in, so grabbed a Scotch bottle out of the recycling bin. Sure enough, it was gone after he returned to his car. Wonder if the person joined AA after that?!

ljptexas 10-18-2015 09:04 AM

Ain't it the truth!! Here in Texas just recently & another time few mths ago, someone stole the trailer that belonged to a Boy Scout troop, cut chains & all!!! It had all their camping stuff, some things that had been made long ago). Some people!!! Can't get much lower than that!!!

jeanne49 10-18-2015 09:20 AM

It's amazing what people do. Great idea about notifying the sheriff's office, because if anything did have your name and address you surely would be sited.

Boston1954 10-18-2015 11:13 AM

Many years ago a lady was walking her dog. She was a nice responsible lady and had a bag with dog "duty" in it. Some man ran up to her and just grabbed it out of her hands, and ran off. He stopped a few hundred feet away to see what he had. He stuck his hand in the bag and yelled "OH SH**!!". She yelled back "Yes it is!". (this was told to me as a true story)

IBQUILTIN 10-18-2015 11:40 AM

One man's trash is another mans treasure. Sure hope they enjoy

mojo11 10-18-2015 12:57 PM

Good grief! Lol