Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Some people will steal anything!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/some-people-will-steal-anything-t271147.html)

Chasing Hawk 10-18-2015 02:32 PM

It's been about 31 years ago, my house was broken into. We had to go up to the next town to sit with a family member who was sick. When we got home we discovered the backdoor window had been busted. The fridge door was open, open cans strewn about and dirty dishes all over the stove and counter.

I was so mad I ran out to the street and threw a pack of bacon into the road and yelled.....You idiots forgot the effin' bacon. Our landlord came by the next day to fix the window and brought us several bags full of groceries. I knew who did it, all I said to them was.....All you had to do was ask, we would have gave you all we could spare.

Sewnoma 10-19-2015 05:57 AM

When DH & I were newly wed, we went to spend the day in San Francisco after visiting his grandmother and, not knowing the city very well, ended up parking our car in a not-so-great area. When we came back we found that someone had smashed the window and stolen a bag that his gran had just given to us out of the back seat.

The contents of the bag? A bunch of old worn-out socks his gran had saved for me to make into dog toys. It cost us a couple hundred bucks to get the window fixed, but I still think it's funny someone stole a bunch of old socks.

Cornerstone quilter 11-05-2015 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by tessagin (Post 7347534)
We also shred anything with our name on it. I have used it for packing and made fire starter bricks out of it. My friends have a chiminea (not sure of the spelling) and use the bricks. I have also set small boxes for the birds to build their nests.

I'm interested in your fire starter bricks. We have a wood stove that I make waxed paper starters for. I save and roll up our junk mail and purged statements, anything with our name and address or account numbers on them. When we need starter papers, I melt old candles, old crayons and candles from yard sales in a bread baking pan on our wood stove. When the wax is completely melted I dip the rolled up papers in the wax, line them up on newspaper to cool and harden, then stack in a basket next to the stove ready for the next fire. Nobody can read our info in the ashes.

sewingsuz 11-06-2015 08:20 PM

I live near Jerome Arizona which is a old mining town and now it is a tourist town on the side of a 7000 ft mountain. I saw in one of the shops they had those white starafoam peanuts in baggies and they were selling them as Ghost poop. It is strash and they are making money.

sewNso 11-06-2015 11:01 PM

i had a cane stolen out of my van last week in the walmart parking lot!!!!!! and it was a nice one.