Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Speaking of long stockings - - - (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/speaking-long-stockings-t121300.html)

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 05-06-2011 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I never had fishnet stockings -

Don't think they even had them in the stores near where we lived then.

I guess I thought they always belonged to chorus line girls!

LOL! Me too! I thought fishnets were for not nice girls!

Tink's Mom 05-06-2011 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I never had fishnet stockings -

Don't think they even had them in the stores near where we lived then.

I guess I thought they always belonged to chorus line girls!

LOL! Me too! I thought fishnets were for not nice girls!

I was only allowed to wear White, Pink and Lt. Blue...LOL

gramajo 05-06-2011 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
How about the fishnet stockings back in late 60's? We thought they looked soooooo cooool...

I had hot pink fishnets that matched my hot pink mini dress and hot pink shoes :-) I could probably been seen coming from miles away. :lol:

luckylindy333 05-06-2011 06:21 PM

In the 60's we wore fishnet stockings and colored tights... how about the white go-go boots, anyone?

gramajo 05-06-2011 06:24 PM

Had some of those too :lol: :lol: :lol:

emerald46 05-06-2011 06:49 PM

Fishnet, colored tight, white go-go boots...I was there!

countrycottage 05-06-2011 06:52 PM

Ugh! Pantyhose were invented by a MAN for sure. Instrument of torture, especially in hot weather.

Parrothead 05-06-2011 07:20 PM

I remember the garter belt and hose. I use to think panty hose were wonderful but after having to wear them for many, many years while working, I am happy to say now I do not own a pair and never intend to purchase them.
Do any of you remember your Mother or Aunts during WWII putting make up on their legs and using an eyebrow pencil to draw the seam line on the back of the leg? Nylons were not available during the war.

barb55 05-06-2011 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
OMgosh. I can see pictures flying thru my mind now. I always had on little tights and long sockies growing up. Then thru middle school, the ever popular fish net hoses in all colors that matched my shoes, etc.The high school, before we could wear slacks, we had to wear dresses so then there was the choice of stockings or knee highs. Then somehow the wonderful pantyhose came to be. I still love those rascals. I always but a bigger size so I don't have to do the pantyhose dance to get them on. Wiggle, wiggle, stretch, down , up, wiggle more, almost there, wiggle, pull, tug and wahlah.... finished. Whew. tired thinking about it. Oh and did anyone go thru the Mary Kay colored leg makeup which went on nice enough but once your sat adn swetaed a little, there were white spots behind the knees etc and touchups required. Why in the world did we go to such lengths to look Nice.??????? Laughing at the memorires.
Garter belts, oh yeah, very sexy, but my short fat legs never fit them right and I can hear the snap as they came loose when I sat down too quickly. ROFL..........

You're quit a story teller. I remember all of them, pantyhose I like the best, garter belts lifted up your dress skirt when you set down didn't like them. Now all I wear is knee highs, don't were a dress very often so no panty hose.

Sweeterthanwine 05-06-2011 09:05 PM

I don't own a pair of pantyhose and don't intend on buying any either. Wore them while I worked and after I retired they all went out the window. I remember girdles and garter belts to. I usually only wear pants now and when I do wear a skirt, there are still no pantyhose. Comfort for me nowadays.