Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Starting each day sewing? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/starting-each-day-sewing-t290456.html)

Boston1954 08-14-2017 05:44 PM

On the days I go to the computer first, I find myself wishing I'd headed straight for the sewing room. I get more done when I turn on the sewing machine first.

Irishrose2 08-14-2017 08:27 PM

I can't see well enough to sew early in the morning so I do non critical things like unloading the dishwasher, folding laundry, etc. I like to sew in bits and pieces whenever I pass through the family room where three machines are set up - one FMQ, one piecing and one sewing sand bags for a yoga instructor. How's that for diversity?

quiltsRfun 08-14-2017 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by osewme (Post 7887089)
Many, many nights I have trouble sleeping so I will get up & go into my sewing room, shut the door & sew for an hour or so.

Same here. I'd rather get up and do something than lie in bed trying (in vain) to fall asleep.

jmoore 08-15-2017 03:38 AM

I love to sew in the morning but I don't get much time to sew at all in the summer months with running our own businesses. Things will quiet down in about a month then I will also be able to get back to my exercise classes at the YMCA too.

carolynjo 08-15-2017 05:41 AM

I am one of those folks who need to come alive every morning. I take my meds, drink my coffee, and work the puzzle. Then I can think about doing other stuff around the house.

QuiltnNan 08-15-2017 06:03 AM

when i get up too early for the craft show on create, i sew a little. i feel like i got a lot done for the day

lots2do 08-15-2017 06:19 AM

I guess it just seemed like an intriguing idea to me. When I taught school, I wouldn't have been able to squeeze sewing in before going to work. We've rearranged some furniture and I have a little sewing space here now so I think I might give it a try. Now, knitting is a different story. If I knit in the morning, it would relax me too much.

Diannia 08-15-2017 06:23 AM

I try to get in at least 15 minutes before work of some type of crafting (quilting being my favorite). I start work at 7 so get up at 5. Most days it works but there are always those few days where chores take up all the extra time. Today I spent my extra time moving the sewing desks and totes so we could have the carpets cleaned tomorrow. I was also able to rearrange my "stuff" from my newest hobby...doodling/zentangle/water colors. So much I want to do...so little time...

Doggramma 08-15-2017 06:41 AM

Sometimes I think this would be a good way to get going. My problem is my eyes are so watery and bleary when I wake up. I'd probably end up having to rip out what I sew.

Kitsie 08-15-2017 07:07 AM

Yep, let the dog out and feed him. Make my tea and visit with you all then off to sew! No-one else in the house so my time is my own! Stay in jammies until time to walk Rico. Ahhhh...