Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Stopping to Smell the Flowers.......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/stopping-smell-flowers-t136787.html)

ssgramma 07-11-2011 07:51 AM

I have been making a literal habit of it this summer and making DH walk around the yard with me every morning!

Hope it is nothing serious Billy!!!

lorimax5859 07-11-2011 07:51 AM

Thank you for the reminder. It wasn't until I retired that I realized how much of my time WORK took up. I am loving my retirement. Prayers that you continue to enjoy life. :-D

sall 07-11-2011 07:52 AM

Like a lot of us, it has taken me a long time to slow down and enjoy doing things I like and want to do, instead of doing the things that I think I SHOULD do. I have even learned to say NO! when neccessary, and guess what, I am a lot more relaxed and am happier in myself

maryel 07-11-2011 07:56 AM

Thanks Billy, you gave me alot to reflect on... Take care.

Lostn51 07-11-2011 08:01 AM

Oh I am the biggest busy body there is, always having several projects going on at the same time burning the candle at both ends. But the bucket list will be done before I go (I hope) and it is not too extravagant. I hope to be able to knock a couple of them off before the end of this year. I guess the main reason for it is that I am very goal driven and I always have to have something out there to achieve.

But it wasnt until last night that everything hit me and its like God opened my eyes for the first time.

Billy

Murphy 07-11-2011 08:45 AM

Amen. Blessings to you. Thank you for sharing.

leiladylei54 07-11-2011 08:59 AM

Thank you for the important reminder, Billy. Hope all things work out for you. Sending prayers and thoughts of well-being and peace of mind to you. And most importantly, don't forget to "smell the flowers" along the way. <3

leatheflea 07-11-2011 10:13 AM

Everyday! Lifes to short to run right through it. Me and the honey have a 6pm date everyday. We go to the pond and feed the fish and just sit and watch them feed. Very little if any talking. After that we head to the wildflower patch to stop and admire the beauty. I do this often, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. Or I'll go down and watch the cow in the field. We watch the sun set almost every evening. And we have been know to climb up on the roof and lay down and watch the sky for hours on end. If you like the sky scapes there's usually a couple of meteor showers a year. We are normally in PA during that time so we can get a better view, they have less light pollution. Good luck on your bucket list! Glad you had the chance to experience the joy of being alive, many do not.

Painiacs 07-11-2011 10:20 AM

I've learned the Hard way to appreciate life. My family and I have been thru some stressful health issues. I'm glad your taking time to see all the beauty God has given u. I'll pray God gives you good health and peace. Thank u for all u do for us here too!!
God bless you and your faMily!
P atti

carhop 07-11-2011 10:42 AM

Take care and smell all the roses in the world my DH could not do that and all I have of him is ash