Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Stopping to Smell the Flowers.......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/stopping-smell-flowers-t136787.html)

dewie45 07-11-2011 01:05 PM

It sounds a little strange I'm sure, but one of the blessings I discovered during a year of debilitating chemo and radiation was the peace of not being in the rat race. I had to relinquish control of just about everything. I didn't make a "bucket list", but I do try to prioritize. Sometimes a clean house is just not as highly rated as those "flowers."

I pray for recovery and peace for you.....and lots of "flowers."

sassy granny 07-11-2011 05:48 PM

There's nothing more beautiful than God's creations that we see each and every day. We just need to take the time to look and give him the thanks he deserves. My prayer for you is that God will bless you with good health and lots of time to smell the flowers. How sweet is the peace that passeth all understanding.

God Bless you and your family.
sassy granny

blueangel 07-11-2011 06:12 PM

Thanks for sharing Billy.

smagruder 07-12-2011 03:36 AM

You put yourself in Gods hands and look what he does for you........ Beauty everywhere..... some pain, but without pain we don't learn to appreciate the good things. Love seeing beautiful things God has given us.

Dotsie 07-12-2011 04:04 AM

Thank God your eyes are opened now. So greateful to share with you all the wonders he gives us and more than what we have asked for..........Yes and God made them all.

Dotsie 07-12-2011 04:05 AM

Thank God your eyes are opened now. So grateful to share with you all the wonders He gives us and more than what we have asked for..........Yes and God made them all.

gmaybee 07-12-2011 05:07 AM

Sometimes we have to have something world shattering happen to us to find the peace that God has for all of us. Isn't He wonderful.

michelehuston 07-12-2011 05:12 AM

Thank you for reminding me that there are many things to be thankful for!! You are right, we forget in our busy hectic lives. Time to slow down and enjoy the little things that life offers us that we often don't notice..like the smell of flowers! :)

pocoellie 07-12-2011 05:14 AM

Billy, I hope your health problems aren't serious, although it sounds like they are. I thank you for reminding us to stop and smell the flowers, I think too often, the little things get in the way and we forget. We're all here for you and if you need a shoulder to lean on, just let us know, we'll be there for you.

Yooper32 07-12-2011 05:21 AM

Thank you Billy for bringing my mind to a halt right now from it's mad scramble. Your new-found serenity and reflectivness made me stop and think. I always stop and look, every morning, for the deer, birds and flowers, but also am itching to get at everything I have set myself to do and never getting it all done, which irritates me, no end. I need to let that go, throw the bucket away and slow down and enjoy. Hope your problems are not as bad as you fear and know that everyone here are with you and will be asking for healing for you.