Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Stopping to Smell the Flowers.......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/stopping-smell-flowers-t136787.html)

Helovesme 07-12-2011 05:32 AM

Thank you for your post Billy. We get so caught up in worshiping the creation instead of the Creator that we miss multitudes of blessings that God is just itching to pour out on us. Your post is a reminder of just that - to stop and smell the roses God has given us and to say 'thank you Lord'.

auntiehenno 07-12-2011 05:40 AM

It does put things in perspective, doesn't it? I would like to get a book of planets and stars and a telescope. Life is too short not to stop and smell the roses and look up at the heavens.

julia58 07-12-2011 06:01 AM

Your post almost made me cry Billy. Sounds like you had a wonderful night. Take care, and bless you for all you do for everyone else.

mimee4 07-12-2011 06:03 AM

Billy, you are a blessing. I read your message and marvel at all the "stuff" that happened and is happening to you. We DO get through one way or another. Your telescope can be your reminder. Sometimes it takes a while to slow down. Thanks.

Amythyst02 07-12-2011 06:11 AM

"stop and smell the roses" is one of my favorite sayings, because many do not take the time to really look at all there is on this wonderful planet. We truly have so much to be thankful for, but because we are so busy with our daily lives alot of wonderful things slip by. It just takes a moment in time to reflect on all the wonderful things we have. We each need to take that moment. Billy it sounds as if you have found your moment. Take care and God is watching over you.

Lil Lulu 07-12-2011 06:47 AM

God has been gracious to give me many years to live. I am alone now and find when I got outdoors I listen to the birds, look at the flowers and wave at my neighbors. It seems sad that we have to put some years behind it before we pay attention to all the beauty around us. Billy, hope that your health problems will be resolved and give you a long time to enjoy the flowers. God Bless

jad1044 07-12-2011 06:51 AM

When I was working, I never had time to appreciate the things around me - either too tired, or no interest; But like you say - look up and give thanks now and then even when you think you don't have the time - Now that I am retired, I see beauty in things I never thought i'd ever seen any beauty in - my animals are my enjoyment when I'm not near my grandkids and family - my flowers are the beauty of what God has put on this earth for us to enjoy - look around - it's here to be loved and appreciated at ALL times! Give thanks! He has given us all things - let's love them and enjoy them!

mhansen6 07-12-2011 06:52 AM

I have a habit of going out on our deck outside our bedroom and looking at the stars every night before I go to bed. During the summer I go out there to watch the sunset. We live in a beautiful part of the country and I thank the dear Lord everynight for the opportunity to live here.

deniseswanton2 07-12-2011 06:55 AM

thats a wonderful thing you wrote. I lost my job in february and was very depressed for quite a long time, as my hubby had been out of work for 3 yrs also. then i realized God has a plan for us and will show us the way. you are so right. I try to enjoy everyday and feel blessed for what i do have.

Tweety2911 07-12-2011 06:57 AM

Oh so true! Thank you for your lovely story. Will keep you in my prayers. Never too late to stop and smell the flowers and thank God for all its beauty!