Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Thunder clouds overhead (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/thunder-clouds-overhead-t56229.html)

dglvr 07-25-2010 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
We had enough rain last night that the pool overflowed.

I wish I was at your pool right now. No really, I hope everything is okay and not flooding. But if you'd send us some of that rain I'd appreciate it. :shock:

Chasing Hawk 07-25-2010 05:17 PM

Looks as though the thunder has stopped, high clouds. No lightening here at least not in my general area. the weather radar shows some storms heading this way from the south.

One fire was reported today, 20 miles north of here, human caused but they don't suspect arson. Probably someone burning yard debris which is a no-no this time of year.

littlehud 07-25-2010 05:27 PM

Those are certainly unusual clouds. Hope the weather doesn't get to bad.

MISHNJIM 07-25-2010 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
beautiful! wouldn't that make a nice fabric print!

LOL....Only a quilter would think of something like that....LOL

And we are starting to experience the sheet lightning here in NC right now also. And it's been so hot this weekend.

dglvr 07-25-2010 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Looks as though the thunder has stopped, high clouds. No lightening here at least not in my general area. the weather radar shows some storms heading this way from the south.

One fire was reported today, 20 miles north of here, human caused but they don't suspect arson. Probably someone burning yard debris which is a no-no this time of year.

Well I'm glad your in the clear so far. When I first responed to your post there was no breeze at all here and no clouds. Now we are getting a slight breeze from the west and I see clouds moving in.
Darn people burning when its this hot and dry. A guy did that by my moms house and burned several thousand acres. He had to pay for everything. Thankfully it went away from my moms. I hope they catch the guy that caused the one by your place. There should be an extra idoit charge tagged on. :roll:

Maride 07-25-2010 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by magpie
I was thinking great handpainted fabric. We had rain yesterday and a little this am, clear and sunny the rest of the day.

Hmmm...I was thinking it looks like an abdominal X-ray.

CarrieAnne 07-25-2010 05:51 PM

We had bad storms all last week, some were REALLY scary! The worst part was, no playing on the COMPUTER!

Chasing Hawk 07-25-2010 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Maride

Originally Posted by magpie
I was thinking great handpainted fabric. We had rain yesterday and a little this am, clear and sunny the rest of the day.

Hmmm...I was thinking it looks like an abdominal X-ray.

EEEWWW..........Charlee's gallbladder........LOL :shock: :shock:

Sorry G/F

amandasgramma 07-25-2010 05:57 PM

Good pictures! We got the thunderstorm about in the last 2 hours (we're in LaPine, south of Bend, Oregon). It's blown over now. Sure cooled everything off!

Chasing Hawk 07-25-2010 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Good pictures! We got the thunderstorm about in the last 2 hours (we're in LaPine, south of Bend, Oregon). It's blown over now. Sure cooled everything off!

We are in La Pine also. Near the state park. We got Thunder boomers but no rain.