Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Trying not to sew (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/trying-not-sew-t20016.html)

k3n 05-12-2009 10:52 AM

Me too Ducky - I'm really interested in that appliqué technique - the web site doean't give much away, does it?

Love the ones you've chosen, Pam. I've thought of doing a flower of the month appliqué for years and have been collecting patterns - one day I'll get to it, there are a few contenders here, that's for sure!

K x

pittsburgpam 05-12-2009 11:07 AM

I was about to say there is a State Flower link there but.... I don't guess that applies to France! :-)

I liked them especially because they are so delicate looking. Is there a flower of each month? There probably is some official one somewhere.

k3n 05-12-2009 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I was about to say there is a State Flower link there but.... I don't guess that applies to France! :-)

I liked them especially because they are so delicate looking. Is there a flower of each month? There probably is some official one somewhere.

I was going to make it up to suit my garden.

K x

tlrnhi 05-13-2009 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Pam, just had a brainwave - pretend you've got the runs and lock yourself in the loo and sew!

K x

Yea, Izy sewed in her bathroom once! lol

collettakay 05-13-2009 06:41 AM

I remeber those pictures! Hilarious!

JCL in FL 05-13-2009 12:38 PM

I totally understand. I do not have a separate room for my quilting and when people come to visit I have dismantle my sewing room and make it guest ready. Then I can't really go in and do things while they visit. I try to have some had stuff around to do. Being in Fl we do have company pretty often and I love it, but I think I should change the den into a sewing/den so I don't have to put it all away when guests come.

sandpat 05-13-2009 06:35 PM

Oh withdrawal!!!!! I think the loo idea is fabulous although I hope you remember to put the lid down :roll: If I remember, Izy did say the light was really good.

Now I have to go back to check out that link you gave. (Huge sigh....) I'm sure it will be something I'll just have to buy!

Edit~ Yes, of course I have to try that!! That high profile applique sounds soo interesting! Have you done any Pam?

pittsburgpam 05-13-2009 10:02 PM

Nope, I haven't done any of them yet. I only opened up one of them and looked it over briefly.

I did get a couple of pieces of fabric starched and ironed tonight for the next quilt while I was waiting for my daughter to get ready to go to the store. :D Didn't even have to do it in the loo.

Nita 05-14-2009 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
LOL!

i can totally relate, DH said we should go to the lake house for a month.

i said we have to drive so i can bring all my sewing supplies.

how bad am i - a month on the lake and i want to spend it sewing.

We have a cottage on a small lake where we move to for four monthe June - Sept. I love the lake, but always brought my sewing machine with me ...... I can't imagine 4 months without sewing! I'm excited because this year we are building a garage and above the garage I'm getting a ......yes, you guessed it ...... sewing room!

Grandma Cindy 05-15-2009 10:48 AM

pittsburgpam - those floral patterns are beautiful, they would be great for an instrutor to use. Hang in there Grandma, this too shall pass...