Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Useless Kitchen Items (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/useless-kitchen-items-t265062.html)

tessagin 05-11-2015 06:03 AM

Our new Sabatier Knife set. Worthless pieces of knives I have ever owned. They can't even cut room temp butter. Called to complain about the set. They said send them back at our cost for shipping. We took the whole set to a knife sharpener guy and he said they were the worst knives he's ever had to sharpen. He's thinking of refusing Sabatier all together in the future. They rust quickly. Don't dare leave them overnight in flatware drainer blade up. I dry as soon as they cleaned and they still rust. Dug out my old knives. DH thought I donated them to GW. Donating the Sabatier.

ManiacQuilter2 05-11-2015 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 7192138)
hhhhhmmmmmmmmmm the most useless item in the kitchen might be me............

That is ME TOO !! I never really learn to cook but then my Mom wasn't that great of a cook either.

bearisgray 05-11-2015 06:16 AM

I am very fond of my sideless cookie sheets -

Probably least used - my "good set of dishes" - I don't remember the last time I used them.

Chasing Hawk 05-11-2015 06:43 AM

Does the stove count?.......:)

Seriously, the mini food processor that came with my blender. My Ninja food chopper does a better job.

Chester the bunny 05-11-2015 06:55 AM

The pampered chef cheese grater that has a handle that turns. If your cheese isn't almost frozen, it just jams up in there.
Most useful thing; that little flimsy ruberry round disk to help me open jars.

DonnaC 05-11-2015 07:12 AM

I have to chime in here at the risk of making myself look like an idiot. :) The most worthless item I ever purchased was a set of "Eggies". They are little egg-shaped containers that you put egg beaters in, and then boil them, to make faux hard-boiled eggs. I was thinking less calories and cholesterol at the time, that's my only defense. The things never worked - they either fell apart in the boiling water, or the egg beaters oozed out the sides. At least I only wasted ten bucks on them.

gramajo 05-11-2015 07:18 AM

You sound like me.

lynnie 05-11-2015 07:36 AM

Mine is the juicer. used it at first, but now i's never seen fruit in awhile. I'd rather eat it than juice it now adays for the price of the fruit.

tessagin 05-11-2015 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 7192411)
Mine is the juicer. used it at first, but now i's never seen fruit in awhile. I'd rather eat it than juice it now adays for the price of the fruit.

Oh yeah! Forgot that one DH just thought we really needed it til he found out how many oranges it took to get 4 ounces of juice. Not sure what happened to it. May have accidentally gone to the curb. I have a set of good china from high school never used. Not throwing it out though!!

Stitchit123 05-11-2015 08:47 AM

WOW How funny this came up today. I was putting dishes away last night and I could not believe how much of it was now useless. It's just me now I really do not need or use 90% of whats in the kitchen. So I decided this year I will be having a yard sale. I will be keeping my micro wave -toaster- el.can opener and 1 coffee maker. Maybe 1 crock pot. And the clean out will not stop in the kitchen. I don't plan on down sizing the house just the contents.My goal is 2 medium size totes of kitchen items will stay the other 2 truck loads go. The clean out will not stop with the kitchen and it will NOT include my sewing room-every thing in there is necessary.