Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Uses for bounce dryer sheets (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/uses-bounce-dryer-sheets-t105326.html)

cjomomma 03-14-2011 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by rhona hodgson
R u talking about the sheet things u put in the clothes drier??? Is Bounce an american make or can u use any dryer sheet??? :? :?

Not sure if bounce is only American. I'm sure other dryer sheets would too. You could always try them and see what happens.

Nanjun 03-14-2011 06:30 PM

My dog has a fit when it thunders so I get a sheet of Bounce and wipe him down and he calms down. He senses thunder before it gets to us.

cjomomma 03-14-2011 06:34 PM

I tried using a fabric sheet to get bubble gum out of my dryer and it made it so easy. I started to reach in and try to pull it out with my finger nails then I remembered this thread.

cjomomma 03-14-2011 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Nanjun
My dog has a fit when it thunders so I get a sheet of Bounce and wipe him down and he calms down. He senses thunder before it gets to us.

That's very interesting. I wonder how it works or why it works. Humm! I wonder if it would work on my 15 year old son. He freaks every time he hears thunder too.

Nanjun 03-14-2011 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma

That's very interesting. I wonder how it works or why it works. Humm! I wonder if it would work on my 15 year old son. He freaks every time he hears thunder too.

I think it is the static electricity.He is short hair chuahua and his hair attracts the electricity.

cjomomma 03-14-2011 06:57 PM

Nanjin thank you for the information. I'm finding that bounce and generic sheets do many things. I made my DD put a fabric sheet in her cell phone cover because she has so much static electricity that her phones go haywire and stop working. I'm hoping that this will help.

Gladys 03-14-2011 09:59 PM

Thanks so much for these ideas. I was going through some old clothing last year and I mean dresses like Beaver Cleaver's mom wore. There were some I just could not discard so I stored them in plastic bags with dryer sheets in them and they have done great. No moths nothing.

burnsk 03-14-2011 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Gladys
Thanks so much for these ideas. I was going through some old clothing last year and I mean dresses like Beaver Cleaver's mom wore. There were some I just could not discard so I stored them in plastic bags with dryer sheets in them and they have done great. No moths nothing.

Hang on to them. They'll be back in style sooner than you realize.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Calico Grammy 03-15-2011 10:41 AM

This is just too funny!!! Not that your son freaks at thunder, but the mental picture I got of you trying to wipe HIM down with a dryer sheet!!!!!!

burnsk 03-15-2011 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Calico Grammy

This is just too funny!!! Not that your son freaks at thunder, but the mental picture I got of you trying to wipe HIM down with a dryer sheet!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Too funny.