Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Very Clever Commercials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/very-clever-commercials-t245730.html)

Boston1954 04-24-2014 07:42 PM

Very Clever Commercials

Generally, as a rule, I hit the mute button as fast as possible when the commericals come on television, but there have been a few over the years that were very well done.

The was one that came out in the early seventies, that ran like a silent movie. The evil villian has the innocent girl all alone in a cabin and wants her to give in. She yells for help, and a mountie hears this and comes to her aid. Too bad that he arrived just a few seconds too late, because she already drank the Dr. Pepper. I think that this is the most well done ads ever.

Do you remember this one?

nativetexan 04-25-2014 06:21 AM

No, not that one. But there are a few that I find funny. Usually I too MUTE a lot.

mermaid 04-25-2014 10:23 AM

Mute? That ins. one with FLO makes me want to scream. Especially the one where she stands like an idiot while the sound system echoes thru my brain...what idiocy is that supposed to represent re insurance? And why does the guy go on his hands& knees? I despise those Progressive ads. I've heard that the ads are supposed to stay in your head so you'll buy. Well, that is one company I will never do business with. And those annoying singing(?) ads by j g went worth! My house knows to grab the remote and hit the surf button, or I might just lose it . TV rage..why not. There are many other categories of rage people blame their bad action on. ( I just raged, didn't i?)

Boston1954 04-25-2014 02:26 PM

Dont' worry mermaid, we all love to go off on the commercials of this world. There have been so many that are very irritating. My mother never would buy anything from a company that had ads that yelled and screamed.

nativetexan 04-25-2014 05:05 PM

oh there are many commercials that are lost on me. I have no idea what they are trying to sell. not one!

Jingle 04-25-2014 06:16 PM

I have seen some very good ones. I enjoy the commercials so much, I don't even know what they are trying to sell. The good ones do not air very long.
I would never buy anything that has an annoying commercial. I don't usually buy anything from commercials.

Doggramma 04-25-2014 06:30 PM

There's a local commercial that starts out with someone blowing a whistle. Very irritating. Lots of commercials these days remind me of the old carnival hawkers.

donnamcr 04-25-2014 07:20 PM

I hate the Progressive Insurance commercials also. But I did love the eTrade commercials with the baby. I understand these are being discontinued.

CookyIN 04-26-2014 02:17 AM

Oh yes, I remember that Dr. Pepper commercial. I'm not crazy for sodas but do enjoy the unique taste of Dr. Pepper.

Remember the song? I'm a Pepper, he's a Pepper, she's a Pepper...

carolynjo 04-26-2014 03:17 AM

Well, I have to say, I hate the commercials, too, but the guy who drops to his knees is absolutely out of air because he was trying to hold the note until Flo turned the mike off.