Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   very concerned customer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/very-concerned-customer-t63028.html)

fabrichore 09-04-2010 10:47 AM

I recently sent a money order to a person on this board for a book, I wrote her yesterday to ask where it was, she proceeded to tell me just received the money order yesterday and I sent it on 08/26, today is 09/04 so what she is telling me is that it took over a week to travel from Mass to maryland, I am sorry I do not buy it and she said she was mailing today and that I should see it in a week, can someone please tell me I am crazy and that this is normal, because it seems to me as if I am getting the run around.

Rhonda 09-04-2010 10:53 AM

Mail can take up to 10 days to get from one place to another. I send out templates to people all the time. I had a check sent to me from an hour away from where I live. It took 3 weeks for me to get it. It had been remarked by someone in the postal system and had gone to two other states twice before some kind soul at the po saw it and sent it my way.

Generally speaking most things take about 4 to 5 days to get from one place to another here in the states but that can be more if there is a weekend or a holiday or if you mailed it after the pickup time for that day. Our mail is picked up at 4:30 promptly so if I take it in at 4:20 it won't go out as they have to have time to process it first.

And that is providing it didn't get stuck in the sorting machine or get ripped and kicked out into hand sort.

A week is not very long to give her before you get too concerned. I would allow at least 10 days and then if it didn't show up I would contact her and try to track it.

fabrichore 09-04-2010 12:18 PM

thanks I do understand I just had to post out of pure frustration. sorry I posted have a nice day

Rhonda 09-04-2010 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by fabrichore
thanks I do understand I just had to post out of pure frustration. sorry I posted have a nice day

Oh I totally understand!! I was quite mad at the lady who had sent me the check. She had her merchandise and I sat here with no check. She told me she got it back and sent it out again and I felt like I was getting the runaround!! So I felt bad when I found out what had happened to the check but it was understandable to feel that way. My check went to Wis from SE Iowa 2 times to the same post office! and went through several post offices along the way. Someone along the way cancelled out the code on the envelope and wrote in new code which sent it the wrong way. Then it ended up in a dead letter office where some kind soul figured it out and I finally got it in my post office box. Very frustrating!! I was on the point of not selling to her anymore.

Jim's Gem 09-04-2010 03:12 PM

I have had mail take over a week to just travel an hour south of me. I have also had it arrive the next day. You just never know!!!!

Lisa 09-04-2010 03:18 PM

Too soon to worry I think. That sounds about right, it takes up to 5 days when I mail something from Texas to Colorado, that's why they call it Snail Mail! I would give it as long as it took her to get your check for you to get your book, maybe add a day or two for good measure and then you can start to worry.

luvTooQuilt 09-04-2010 03:54 PM

Ah Yes Snail Mail, one never knows if and when it shall be received. And even worse when its shipped Media mail!!! Media mail can take 1-3 weeks..

So hang tight, give it a lil while longer but ask if they sent it with delivery confirmation. You might be able to check on its progress and whereabouts..

MadQuilter 09-04-2010 04:19 PM

What you describe is a big reason why we stopped paying by check. It CAN and often does take a long time for the mail to get to its destination. Be glad she got the check and you will now get your product.

Jingle 09-04-2010 04:50 PM

I think now days people are just too leery of getting ripped off. Postal system has never been 100% reliable.

Born2Sew 09-04-2010 04:55 PM

Let's face it folks. Nothing is 100% except death and taxes. I had a list once that told how much missent and misdelivered mail pieces there was on a daily basis provided that the service was 99.9% accurate. Pretty scary stuff when you look it everything from that perspective.
Unfortunatly, nothing in this world is 100% perfect. There was only one and look what happened to him.