Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   weight loss challenge.......with a prize June sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-june-sign-up-t47611.html)

MissyGirl 06-15-2010 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I am trying to leave food on my plate. I will eat after I am full because I hate leaving food on my plate. I remember all the horror stories my mother told me of starving children in some country. It's not so bad at home because I can limit my portions, but when we are out or visiting, I don't have control, and doggie bags don't work for all foods.

I am walking and bike riding. Not a lot, but more than I was last year at this time.

Most of the time a dinner out has servings at least 2X the appropriate size. I have learned to ask for a box when they bring the food. First, I still don't leave anything on my plate and second, I have lunch for the next day already packed and ready to go. Works for me...usually.

You are so right. That is a great idea for dealing with large portions.

Missy

CAROLJ 06-15-2010 06:25 PM

Thanks for the box first tip.

I wore a pair of pants today and I could easily zip them!!!!!!!!!! Wahooo!!!!!!

MissyGirl 06-15-2010 06:59 PM

That is wonderful Carol!!!!

I have to say that I am now able to easily put on my bra....woohoo!!!! Weight loss is a good thing, ain't it?!?!

Missy

CAROLJ 06-15-2010 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

I have to say that I am now able to easily put on my bra....woohoo!!!! Weight loss is a good thing, ain't it?!?!

Missy

It's the little things in life that make you happy. It was wonderful putting on those pants without zipping up my skin in them.

MissyGirl 06-15-2010 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Missy

It's the little things in life that make you happy. It was wonderful putting on those pants without zipping up my skin in them.

Oh Carol you have got that right!

Now think skinny thoughts about me in the morning cause I weigh in again at the hospital tomorrow. I am worried (although I have yet to gain).

Missy

CAROLJ 06-15-2010 07:10 PM

skinny, skinny, skinny, skinny....

Woodster 06-15-2010 08:28 PM

Sugar Free Cool Whip is really good. Even just a teaspoon on some fruit in the a.m. is a special way to start the day.

Gwyn 06-16-2010 12:31 AM

Missygirl: I hope you have lost too, but remember, the idea is to get healthy. It is fun to slip into smaller clothing, but being healthy is the goal.

Woodster: I love sugar free cool whip, but it isn't completely free. I have started mixing it in with regular half & half. My kids haven't noticed a change and it still saves on calories (for all of you out there who swear they can taste the splenda) I use it on my portion straight. Now that Margaret and Sarah both want to loose weight, I will need to mix two smaller bowls and do one with and one without sugar.

I need help with a craving for carbs at night or when I get tired. It is like my mouth is in overdrive. If I give in and have some cereal or cookies, cake, left over rolls, I can lay down and go right to sleep. If not, I might be awake for a few days before I completely drop from exhaustion. Any ideas?

Leota 06-16-2010 04:25 AM

Gwen, the petite dill pickles are wonderful carb busters .... limit yourself to about 4 but the really help with the crunch munchies....also fresh frozen fruit helps and they are low in calories.

Gwyn 06-16-2010 05:35 AM

Thanks Leota. I'll give those a try.