Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   weight loss challenge.......with a prize June sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-june-sign-up-t47611.html)

CAROLJ 06-13-2010 09:57 AM

I am trying to leave food on my plate. I will eat after I am full because I hate leaving food on my plate. I remember all the horror stories my mother told me of starving children in some country. It's not so bad at home because I can limit my portions, but when we are out or visiting, I don't have control, and doggie bags don't work for all foods.

I am walking and bike riding. Not a lot, but more than I was last year at this time.

trupeach1 06-14-2010 07:11 AM

today is a new day.....I started it with puffed rice cereal (I am not a cereal person at all) with fat free milk and bluberries.
Lunch: cream of broccoli soup made with fat free milk (not cream) and cheddar cheese.
Dinner: not sure yet.

Yesterday I baked a lightened up low sugar sweet potato pie. I will have a small piece somewhere along the way today. I used 4 crushed ginger snap cookies for the crust. Actually I sprayed cooking spray in the pie pan and more or less dusted it with the cookie crumbs. A squirt of reddiwip at only 15 cal and it won't kill my diet. I think it is about 120 cal per slice including the reddiwip. I have to figure the exact cal out since I cal count. If anyone wants the recipe let me know I will post it.

AnnaK 06-14-2010 07:44 AM

So far, just lurking, but tempted to join maybe for next month since this one's almost half done.

MissyGirl 06-14-2010 02:47 PM

Well, I went to the hospital today to weigh in. I hate doing that because I am always so paranoid that I will have gained weight instead of losing. Well today I was down 6/10 of a pound. I go back on Wednesday to see the doctor and be weighed in again. I am really slamming down the water right now.

costumegirl 06-14-2010 06:27 PM

Good luck Missy - stick with it!

Trupeach - Please post your recipe it sounds yummy!

BonniFeltz 06-14-2010 06:40 PM

I have to lose weight for my trip in September. Ok, let me rewind. I WANT to lose weight for my trip in September and I NEED to lose weight for my health. I'd like to join in next month. I've done south beach and weight watchers before and will probably do weight watchers then.

CAROLJ 06-14-2010 06:44 PM

I have been weighing myself about every other day. I bought a scale to watch. I read years ago not to weight yurself or only do it once a week. But for me I need the constant reminder.

So far my weight has either stayed the same or gone down. I'll probably go into a tail spin if I gain :(

I am trying to add good habits and learn to live with being a bit uncomfortable at night when my mind says eat, but I know I have to stop.

Missy, I feel/share your fear of gaining again.

On Weds. I go on vacation and will increase my walking. I hope this will increase my weight loose and tighten up the old body.

So far all I have done to lose weight is eliminate junk food, added more ruffage, and reduced portion size. It's working.

countrymaid 06-15-2010 03:53 AM

Hi Ladies, just checking in. No real loss for me but I do feel better. I have discovered that I need a morning something or my sugar is too low by lunch time. I miss my good cup of tea with two spoons of sugar otherwise tea is bitter to me. I did remember to bring my water bottle to work today so I'm off to the water cooler. Have a good day every one.

jabs317 06-15-2010 03:58 AM

Well, I have had a flu bug so I am down 5lbs. but didn't enjoy losing it. I have barely eaten anything since Saturday (or should I say, kept anything down).

I am starting to feel a little better and hope to hit my diet pretty hard again next week when I am back to 100%

Gwyn 06-15-2010 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I am trying to leave food on my plate. I will eat after I am full because I hate leaving food on my plate. I remember all the horror stories my mother told me of starving children in some country. It's not so bad at home because I can limit my portions, but when we are out or visiting, I don't have control, and doggie bags don't work for all foods.

I am walking and bike riding. Not a lot, but more than I was last year at this time.

Most of the time a dinner out has servings at least 2X the appropriate size. I have learned to ask for a box when they bring the food. First, I still don't leave anything on my plate and second, I have lunch for the next day already packed and ready to go. Works for me...usually.