Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   weight loss challenge.......with a prize June sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-june-sign-up-t47611.html)

CAROLJ 06-10-2010 05:15 PM

I've lost, not a lot but I have lost. Lots of salads, little or no dressing. My biggest stumbling block is cheese and sugar in my tea.

costumegirl 06-10-2010 05:35 PM

Chasing Hawk - Hope all goes well and you have a quick recovery!!

Missy - Thanks for all of the tips!

Trupeach - We all have bad days but we just start again the next day! You can do this!! I bet your tomato bail bread is delicious!!! Please PM me the recipe!! I would love to serve it to company! :)

CarolJ - Way to go!! Every little bit counts!!

I think I've lost a little bit - not much but I'll take it! I have to try and drink more water - I don't usually drink water but do drink a lot of black green tea. Yesterday I put some lemons in the water and it was good!

MissyGirl 06-10-2010 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by costumegirl

Trupeach - We all have bad days but we just start again the next day! You can do this!! I bet your tomato bail bread is delicious!!! Please PM me the recipe!! I would love to serve it to company! :)

I think I've lost a little bit - not much but I'll take it! I have to try and drink more water - I don't usually drink water but do drink a lot of black green tea. Yesterday I put some lemons in the water and it was good!

Oh you are so welcome.

Missy

countrymaid 06-11-2010 06:53 AM

I was just diagnosed with diabetes so dieting is all new to me. We're a meat and potatoes family so adding the veggies and fruit will take some work. I did plant a garden and I'm looking forward to that. It's hard for me to say no to the carbs. Our office runs on chocolate and treats. Planning is something I need to learn rather than eating on the go. Even today we are all going out to lunch as we just closed the books on our fiscal year. I'm hoping there will be a good salad on the menu. Thanks for the long distance support and chance to learn something new. Ellen

trupeach1 06-11-2010 08:56 AM

I thought I would post the recipe here in case anyone else wanted it. I don't really measure anything I just eyeball it because I make it so often.

Tomato Basil Bread
2 envelopes yeast
1/4 c warm water
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp salt

Put the warm water in a large bowl. Sprinkle in the yeast,sugar and salt. DO NOT STIR. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Then add:
1/2 c tomato puree
1 c warm water
2 tbsp dried basil or 1/4 c fresh
about 4 c flour start with this amount and if needed add more a tablespoon at a time
2 tbsp oil

Mix well and knead until smooth and elastic about 5 minutes. Cover bowl and let rise about 1 -1/2 hours. Punch down, let rest 15 minutes, shape into loaf place on flour dusted cookie sheet slash top. cover and rise 1 hour. bake in 375 oven for about 40 minute or until it sounds hollow when you hit it.

Here is a recipe for a dip I use for company. I cut out the center for a bread bowl and fill the center with dill dip.

Dill Dip
1 1/2 c mayo ( I use light)
1 1/2 sour cream ( I use plain yogurt to lighten it up)
2 tbsp dried parsley
2 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp dried dill
1 tsp celery salt

Mix all on a bowl. chill 1/2 hour before serving.

this is great as a veggie dip.
slice the bread add cheddar cheese and roasted pepper it is a sandwich to die for. I also love it with chicken salad. YUMMMMMMOOOOOOOOO

this post doesn't seem like it belongs on a weight loss thread :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

vovoa 06-11-2010 09:28 AM

Boy you got that right...yummmmmmmmmmm! Can't wait to try it. Thanks!

costumegirl 06-11-2010 01:15 PM

Mmmmmmmm!!! Thanks!!!

costumegirl 06-11-2010 01:21 PM

trupeach - I'm sure with a little tweaking with the ingredients by switching/substituting to very low fat, these recipes might not be bad if on a weightloss plan! :)

MissyGirl 06-11-2010 01:24 PM

trupeach - I'm sure with a little tweaking with the ingredients by switching/substituting to very low fat, these recipes might not be bad if on a weightloss plan! :)

I really should post some of my favorite recipes that I use all the time.

Let me go look at my file and see what I can find that I love and is compatible with losing weight.

Missy

MissyGirl 06-11-2010 01:30 PM

Double Chocolate Mousse Attack (from the Hungry Girl)

Ingredients:
1 pack Nabisco 100 Cal Oreo Thin Crisps
2 Mousse Temptations by Jell-O snack cups, any chocolate flavor
1 Jell-O Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding Snack
1/2 cup Fat Free Reddi-wip

Directions:
Roughly crush cookies and set half aside. Evenly distribute the other half between two small glasses or dessert bowls.

Spoon a container of mousse into each glass/bowl. Top each layer of mousse with half of the pudding. Squirt 1/4 cup Reddi-wip on top of each pudding layer. Sprinkle remaining crushed cookies on top of the two desserts, evenly distributing the cookies between the desserts.

Observe their beauty, maybe take a picture for Facebook, and DIG IN!

MAKES 2 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 dessert (1/2 of recipe)
Calories: 150
Fat: 4.75g
Sodium: 270mg
Carbs: 28.5g
Fiber: 1g
Sugars: 6.5g
Protein: 3.5g

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!