Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Welcome to the first day of SUMMER! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/welcome-first-day-summer-t50630.html)

azdesertrat 06-21-2010 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by redkimba
Have to work today. Just trying to mentally adjust that we are in that time of year where it's 100 degree high & 80 degree lows...

thats us we are suppose to get to 108-110 this week,can't wait for the summer storms

thismomquilts 06-21-2010 08:11 AM

It is very hot here. Our plans are a trip to Haiti and one to IN - well, that is for Sept, but we're looking forward to it... otherwise lots of sewing/quilting/swimming/etc.

Boston1954 06-21-2010 11:08 AM

My plans are to keep making ice for my sister's pool. It's like jumping into a bathtub.

ann clare 06-21-2010 01:43 PM

Beautiful weather here also.

katei 06-21-2010 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got up to 24 degrees C here today. Now for us that's a heatwave!

jljack 06-21-2010 03:25 PM

In Central CA we are having really cool weather for us...mid 80's, and literally no humidity. Very nice!! I'll be going to NC end of July to Mid-August for new grandbaby birth. But in the mountains, where it's not so hot. Other than that, working, hoping it stays cooler than normal, and of course quilting. That's about it.

Forgot to add that it would have been my grandfather's 117 birthday today!

Charlee 06-21-2010 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by marsye

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I'm thinking Charlee needs some company for the summer.

I agree!!! Lets find her!!!!!!! :thumbup:

C'mon!! :lol: Between me, Amanda's Grandma (Dee), and Chasing Hawk, we ought to be able to find room for everyone!

It's actually 70 here today...but there's a breeze cooling things down!

LovinMySoldier 06-21-2010 03:32 PM

So where do I get some of this sunshine that you all seem to be having? Can you send some my way? It is still cold and wet and dreary here. Today the high is suppose to be 61. Not much for summer. My poor garden is dying for a bit of sunshine

Woodster 06-21-2010 03:35 PM

We're headed to Lake Tahoe for 3 days (plus 1 day there and one day back) in July. Hubby's sis has a time-share house. Middle daughter and her boyfriend will meet us there on their way from Pasadena to NC (to check out the area for a maybe move in the future). I'm sure we'll do some other weekend stuff on occasion, but no set plans.

We've had a very cool/wet Spring and I've loved it - much more than my tomato plants have. It's supposed to warm up now, and probably will stay that way for most of the summer. Yuck. I don't do hot well.

granniebj 06-21-2010 04:04 PM

I got up early and took my grandson home in the middle of a rain storm, which brought back our humidity! Yuk! Trying not to complain because I sure hate winter. Waiting for the sun to go down some, then gonna take the kids out to play. No big plans for this summer but sure wish I did...lol