Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Welcome to the first day of SUMMER! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/welcome-first-day-summer-t50630.html)

cjomomma 06-21-2010 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee

Originally Posted by marsye

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I'm thinking Charlee needs some company for the summer.

I agree!!! Lets find her!!!!!!! :thumbup:

C'mon!! :lol: Between me, Amanda's Grandma (Dee), and Chasing Hawk, we ought to be able to find room for everyone!

It's actually 70 here today...but there's a breeze cooling things down!

To me 70 is the perfect temp. I am packing my bags.

littlehud 06-21-2010 08:26 PM

First it was rainy and then the sun came out it was hot!!!!!!!!! And humid. Summer in the Midwest.

Pam B 06-22-2010 08:41 AM

Central IN is flooded today. Our creek is as high as it can get without going over the bridge. The big part of our front yard (we live way back off the road) is a lake right now. Our house is built on a slight hill so we never (in 30 years, anyway) have had any danger of water getting near our house. Our bean field on the other side of our creek is partially underwater, as well. Not a pretty picture right now and the weather is calling for more storms later this afternoon. We have about had it with this weather!

Slow2Sew 06-22-2010 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by marsye

Originally Posted by Charlee
And I'm still wearing a coat everyday!! :( We haven't even had much of a spring yet!!

OMG!!! Where are you??? I want to come visit until about December!!!! :lol:

Me too! Our 99 degree days with high humidity are stiffling!

Debra Mc 06-22-2010 06:31 PM

DGSs are going to stay whole month of July with other grandparents & I get them back 2 & 4th weekend. I will miss them terribly but will love the quiet. And sew baby sew.

Judie 06-22-2010 07:35 PM

It is HOT HOT HOT in S.W. Missouri.. I don't like it hot, and I just hate humidity.. So, I'll be in the house as much as possible until we get a cool blast of air coming down from Canada.. I can't wait.. When the cool air finally gets here (sometime in October) I always go out on my back deck and shout "THANK YOU CANADA!!" as loud as I can. I try to do that before everyone in the neighborhood comes home from work. So send that cool air on down please.

craftybear 06-22-2010 07:38 PM

Happy Summer!

Wow, I want to find more time to sew and quilt.

GladGrams 06-23-2010 01:35 AM

Today is St Hans (mid-summer) in Norway! People gather in their communities for picnics and light huge bonfires to celebrate. It is a summer solstice kind of thing.

puck116 06-23-2010 06:34 AM

[quote=What are your plans for the summer?[/quote]

Finish my son's quilt that I promised him yrs ago. Maybe sort my fabric again as getting disorganized.

jbj137 06-23-2010 02:06 PM

HOT!! HOT!! HOT!!
The sunny South is living up to it name
for the last few weeks.
JBJ137 in SC