Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Welcome to the neighborhood (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/welcome-neighborhood-t61012.html)

IrishNY 08-23-2010 05:24 PM

Bet she doesn't mess with you again! :-D

Get the new neighbor in line right away - I like your style.

SueDor 08-23-2010 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by MZStitch
What kind of person knocks on a neighbors door she hasn't met yet to complain about a board loose on a fence?!!! Good grief, maybe it's good you had an ax in your hand, she won't bother you at odd hours anymore!!

Yea and at 9:30 too.

theoldgraymare 08-23-2010 06:34 PM

She might wonder what a woman who answers the door with an axe in her hand might be putting into her "jam."

Gramof6 08-23-2010 08:26 PM

:D I think I would visit her in the daytime. :wink: Then explain why you went to the door armed. :D Don't blame you.....we do have to be cautious. :thumbup:

Ditter43 08-23-2010 08:45 PM

That is too funny! I would love to have been a fly on the wall when she went back home!!! :lol:

craftybear 08-24-2010 03:31 AM

rofl, that is so funny, I wonder what she is telling her friends and family about the neighbor next door

CarrieAnne 08-24-2010 03:46 AM

LO< that is SO FUNNY!! Take her some red jam, lol!

pittsburgpam 08-24-2010 06:33 AM

I was telling a co-worker the tale and he was cracking up and said, "When the cat ran out you should have really freaked her out by running after it with the axe and yelling, 'My dinner!'"

Just a joke!! No housepets were harmed in this incident!

raptureready 08-24-2010 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by MZStitch
What kind of person knocks on a neighbors door she hasn't met yet to complain about a board loose on a fence?!!! Good grief, maybe it's good you had an ax in your hand, she won't bother you at odd hours anymore!!

Maybe she has a dog that she wanted to let out and didn't want it to tangle with the axe-lady's cat. :lol: Either way she'll think twice about complaining anymore. A set of potholders or a couple of nice kitchen towels would be a safe small "let's start over" gift too. No poison waiting to be spread on the morning toast.

This is just too funny.

Melinda in Tulsa 08-24-2010 07:10 AM

LOL, that is similar to what happened to me a couple weeks ago. I was woke up from someone banging on my front door at 1 am. I (naturally) go to the door with a gun in my hand. It was the cops! Seems my neighbor saw people in my backyard with flashlights. She called me but I have the phone ringer turned off so didn't hear it. Supposedly they were a church group trying to get down to the river... At 1 in the morning??? Besides that, you can't hardly get down the river bank in the daylight, much less after dark. Not to mention it is full of cottonmouth's. Moral of this story is...so much for watch dogs. I have a doberman, german shepard and an Australion Shepard and they all slept thru it until the police knocked on the door!