Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What book are you reading now? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-book-you-reading-now-t211957.html)

Rose Marie 01-29-2013 04:21 AM

I just got hooked on the Warriors series about warrior cats. Its kids books but have read several series of kids books that were exceptionally good.
The first one was free now I find there are many more in the series and they cost.

My time 01-29-2013 11:39 PM

Here are my latest reads: Sarah's Key by Tatania de Rosnay, Fifty shades of grey, Fiffty shades Darker, Fifty shades freed (all 3 novels were a gift my girlfriends gave me for my birthday). Blood and Thunder, the epic story of Kit Carson by Hampton Sides. Human Traces by Sebastian Faulks. I love to read. Especially historical based novels. This is a fun thread. Thanks for sharing everybody!

theandersonhouse 01-30-2013 10:32 PM

I love-love Ann B .Ross and the antics of Miss Julia. if you love to laugh you would love these

carolaug 12-31-2014 05:52 PM

I read this book and it was really good!

Originally Posted by May in Jersey (Post 5813240)
Although I only began reading "Sarah's Key" yesterday afternoon I'm about 2/3's through it already. Story unfolds in chapters alternating between France in 1942 and present day France. I belong to a small quilt/book group within my guild and this book is the most interesting book on our list in a long time.

carolaug 12-31-2014 05:54 PM

I am reading the Voyager by Diana Gabaldon - The outsider was the first book, I did not like the second book, but this third book is really good so far...three chapters in...

QuiltingVagabond 01-01-2015 07:22 AM

I just finished Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel - totally intriguing and thought provoking!

AngeliaNR 01-01-2015 07:39 AM

I'm doing my annual re-read of The Lord of the Rings.

maryb119 01-01-2015 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug (Post 7028815)
I am reading the Voyager by Diana Gabaldon - The outsider was the first book, I did not like the second book, but this third book is really good so far...three chapters in...

I love the Outlander series. I have read then all and have them all. I don't buy books very often but I did with this series. In early December, my DD and I got to meet Diana Gabaldon and Graham McTavish who plays Dougal McKenzie in the STARZ TV series of the Outlander. What a rush that was!

Painiacs 01-01-2015 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by RobertaMarie (Post 5813354)
Just finished re-reading the Earlene Fowler series of Benni Harper mysteries, starting out with "Fool's Puzzle" and ending with "Broken Dishes". Her titles are all quilt block names. I had read them years ago, and although I remembered all the characters, I had forgotten some of the plots and the outcome, so I enjoyed them again. I am now reading a series by James Doss. I have read the Elm Creek series too. Jan Karon is one of my favorite authors, and my husband collects hundreds of misc. books by top selling authors, so I am never out of books to read. Happy reading my quilting friends. Both are GOOD for us!! '-)

Has Earlene Fischer come out with any new books? Loved benni Harper series!

nativetexan 01-01-2015 06:32 PM

Oh gosh, I started one on my fourth great grandmother from Texas, Obedience Fort Smith. I haven't gotten very far though. Tons of info and people to get through.