Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What did you Get for Christmas that made you laugh? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-did-you-get-christmas-made-you-laugh-t173138.html)

SouthPStitches 12-27-2011 05:28 PM

New motorcycle boots. Looked very sexy with my bathroom Christmas morning.

butterflies5518 12-27-2011 05:43 PM

My boyfriend refuses to dress beyond a tshirt w/pockets so I got him several paper stick on ties! Yep, got him in a tie for Christmas - he loved it!

Bobbielinks 12-27-2011 06:51 PM

DH always wraps all the gifts. I just purchase or make them and supply him with boxes, bags, paper and name tags. When our two sons opened one of their gifts they each had one glove, not a pair. The boys did not say anything about it until the next day when they asked their dad why the one glove. Dad was not aware that he give them each one glove and thought they were pulling a joke on him - the boys thought it was very funny.

sewnsewer2 12-27-2011 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks (Post 4816697)
DH always wraps all the gifts. I just purchase or make them and supply him with boxes, bags, paper and name tags. When our two sons opened one of their gifts they each had one glove, not a pair. The boys did not say anything about it until the next day when they asked their dad why the one glove. Dad was not aware that he give them each one glove and thought they were pulling a joke on him - the boys thought it was very funny.

LOL that's so funny!

Vicki W 12-27-2011 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Arleners (Post 4813083)
My husband has a steadily increasing hearing loss which he refused to acknowledge. He makes me repeat everything I say and it is getting quite annoying by now. "Santa" took pity on me and put a megaphone under the tree just for me! My husband didn't think it was very funny, but I have been using it every time he asks me to repeat things. Perhaps he will get tired of it and go for a hearing aid.

I am having fun.

OOOh Arlene, I think I should get one too. My DH hearing is getting worst and worst, he acknowledges but hasn't done anything about it.

smagruder 12-28-2011 02:50 AM

This is not funny but I got a yoga cd...... I have no intention of doing yoga..... my daughter gave it to me. She seems to think it will help me get in shape.... Truth is....I don't even know where it is now......

ruthrec 12-28-2011 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Up North (Post 4810101)
My 2 sons and DIL came out to help me wrap gifts and I had to run to town so the also cleaned the livingroom. Opening gifts to day there were several under the tree from Santa. Yea they wrapped me my box of CD's, my husband got a box of wood wrapped in paper-Fire starters- Also a couple things he had gotten as gifts from his boss were re wrapped and under the tree. They wanted to clean and did not know where to put things so they wrapped them! These kids are in their 20's so it was a funny Christmas.

We chose to not exchange gifts this year at our house (just me, my daughter, and son-in-law) as we elected to give something to others in one form or another - food, clothing, donations, etc. But, we all received something funny. We went to the movies and ate buttered popcorn, drank pepsi and coke and laughed ourselves silly watching the new "Alvin and the Chipmunks." It was great. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, we ate, laughed, and had a wonderfully stress-free Christmas. I loved it.

BrendaK 12-28-2011 12:42 PM

Some of the presents I wrap in colored ads. My son and DGC now save these ads and compare them to past ads from presents. These ads go into a box and each year we have fun looking at how things change. This year my DGS was jokeing and said that he wanted a bowl, plate and beans. Well I got him a bowl plate and a bag of pinto beans. He loved them. Hope all of you received what you wanted or needed. Hope all of you have a Happy,Healthy New Year. BrendaK

suebee 12-28-2011 12:45 PM

That is hilarious!!

lillybeck 12-28-2011 01:11 PM

I got a wonderful gift/ First my youngest DD and SIL came by and took me to NC to visit somemore family there for the holiday and I got my own jewelry from them. I have a gold necklace with three crosses on it and a gold bracelet that have been in need of repair for over three years/ I had them put away but my kids found them and got them fixed for Christmas. They also took my mothers ring that was missing the stone for my oldest and the jeweler broke it so they will mail it later. It was a great gift/