Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What do you do for daily exercise ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-do-daily-exercise-t268174.html)

Three Dog Night 07-31-2015 09:13 AM

I usually exercise in morning and try to get a 1 mile walk in at lunch. Morning workout consists of Leslie Sansone DVDss or Jessica Smith online videos (they are free and she has lots). I have bad knees so if I overdue I have to try to recover so will do the Stronger Senior or Chair Dancing DVDs. Just keep trying to move it so I don't lose it.

tessagin 07-31-2015 09:28 AM

Too many stray dogs in our neighborhood. I go to the mall couple times a week park furthest from the door. I can go up stairs but have trouble going down. When I go grocery shopping I don't ask for help. I usually get to countertop water jugs and case of bottled water. Fairly heavy and part of my weight training (lol). Our tap water is awful and we just last week had a water advisory. Ok to take a shower an do dishes but all tap had to be boiled with exception of brushing teeth. We used the boiled for brushing teeth. But loading the water into the cart, to the car and into the house. Quite a bit of weight. I also have other weights I use. 5&10#ers. If our mower was different, I would mow the yard. But DH doesn't want to buy different one. that would be a few steps added.

Stitchnripper 07-31-2015 02:36 PM

I go to the gym three times a week. I do cardio on my own or walk the track with a friend. Then I do weights classes. My gym is women only which for me is nice. I am pretty active the rest of the day. Sometimes walk outside. My routine at the gym takes a couple hours those three days so I think that is good.

Deb watkins 07-31-2015 03:29 PM

Golf(walking) at 6:30 am and then again later in the late afternoon 3 to 4 days a week. Work in the garden/landscaping on the other days. I used to do the Yoga and Pilates 2 - 3 times a week before I came down with Mono. Now it a little more rest, but still try to do something every day.

luvstoquilt 08-01-2015 05:20 AM

I am a walker but have lost my walking buddies. One is having surgery and the other ones busband retired so she is spending time with him. I am not as motivated as I was but am really talking to myself. We walked 5 miles a day and that is pretty boring to do alone. Gotta get moving!

JoyjoyMarie 08-01-2015 06:34 AM

I play tennis with my hubby every other day when weather and schedules permit. Otherwise its a walk, or the gardening, or a bike ride. I try to mix it up. Exercise is essential for me - it makes me sleep, it keeps me limber, makes me a happier person.

paoberle 08-01-2015 06:39 AM

I clip my Fitbit on when I get up in the morning and take it off when I go to bed. I walk 3-4.5 miles 3-5 days a week. I do a spin class one day a week. I am going to try attaching the Fitbit to my shoe to see if it will register. I do a Stability/exercise ball class twice a week. I do a water aerobics class one day a week. It is hard to get to my goals on the days I do not walk, but I know that I have probably met my goals. I love to hike so it is a lot of fun to see how many steps I take and floors I climb after 6-7 mile hike.

briskgo 08-01-2015 06:49 AM

yoga once a week, Tue, and Friday I bike to a property I manage, takes about 5 trips to get it done, I walk/jog the dog twice a week with a nice hill.

briskgo 08-01-2015 06:50 AM

I've out lived my walking buddies they are missed

Irishrose2 08-01-2015 08:20 AM

My walking buddies are four legged so I walk about 2 miles a day. One yoga class a week with yoga videos on three other days. I just tried a HIIT class with weights online. Not a good idea, but have started working with light weights on my own. I need to get stronger for the yoga class.:D I have both a bicycle and a tricycle but haven't been riding much. My massage therapist recommended I ride more so I will try. Too hot during the day, but it doesn't get dark early now so evening will work.