Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What do you splurge on...? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-splurge-t98905.html)

hannajo 02-11-2011 06:37 PM

Besides fabric, of course!

We've had that recent thread of how everyone saves money. And I know many of us learned lots from that. But I have a strict philosophy that I do everything I can to save, so that when I do splurge I never feel guilty about it.

My splurge is Coffeemate Hazelnut Creamer. I try to buy it on sale, but it's one of the few things I will buy even when it's not on sale. And I will only buy that brand, not the brand on sale. I enjoy every cup of coffee I drink with it.

So what's your splurge?

Patty Patches 02-11-2011 06:45 PM

My splurge is Lays potato chips and diet pop

earthwalker 02-11-2011 06:47 PM

Mine's not a food thing...I eat to live. Aside from quilting, gardening is my big interest, so my splurge is plants..preferably scented, flowering plants and beautiful native plants to bring the birds into the garden.

Deb watkins 02-11-2011 06:48 PM

Gevalia coffee club. It used to be Dept. 56 New England village and accessories several years ago. Now that I really have all the pieces I want, (yes, I have completed all of my desired sets) coffee and fabric.....

roseOfsharon 02-11-2011 06:55 PM

In the Spring when plants and flowers are available to purchase, I love to buy for my pots and garden to enjoy for the season. I do have perinials, but I still need to add to that! Otherwise, I tend to be stuck on quilting needs! I have cut back some on that. Boy is it hard to be frugal!!

mollymct 02-11-2011 06:59 PM

Hannajo, that is in my coffee every morning!! Lol. I guess I splurge a little on some of my clothes. Its hard to find things that fit and I am not really into trends, so I wear favorite things for years.

Jill 02-11-2011 07:01 PM

On my grandchildren (2 boys ages 4 and 2) and one girl who is 10-1/2 months old. It is so hard to pass by toys or clothing and not get something for them.

Ps 150 02-11-2011 07:03 PM

There's a few in our house. It has to be Hellmann's Mayonnaise, Folger's Coffee and Gianelli Sausage. And as for sewing and quilting, I had nothing but problems with Brother and Singer sewing machines so when I found a Janome that ran like a dream, I've bought nothing since. I now have a Janome serger, a Janome 6500, 2 Janome Quilter Companions and a Janome Embroidery machine and I haven't looked back.

seamstome 02-11-2011 07:05 PM

Hazelnut Creamer...I do buy the cheap stuff. Then it's raspberry creme cheese coffee cake.

Ps 150 02-11-2011 07:06 PM

Oh, and where was this thread about saving money? I'm always looking for good ways to improvise and save money (which just ends up in the fabric stash jar! :lol: )