Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What food(s) got you in trouble as a kid? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-food-s-got-you-trouble-kid-t40751.html)

aam5019 09-20-2011 06:19 PM

I haven't been able to get it down any way it's fixed. It was one of those "you are going to sit here til you eat it" things. Sat there until midnight. She finally gave up and let me go to bed. LOL

cr12cats 09-20-2011 07:39 PM

avacadoes---didn't have a problem eating veggies but mom used avacado in a salad and wouldn't believe me that my tongue felt swollen. she didn't beleive in allergies .she just thought kids made that up when they didn't like something. i actually like guagamolie (sp) but each time i eat avacado my tongue swells so i stay away from it.just glad i didn't have a allergic reaction like some people do i may not be sitting here today.

luckylindy333 09-20-2011 07:57 PM

My mom only tried to make me eat something once and I still can't stand canned vegetables to this day! She made me sit at the kitchen table for hours.

ZTAgirlknits 09-20-2011 08:08 PM

Peas and Lima beans.....ick!!! I still don't eat them!

ZTAgirlknits 09-20-2011 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by gypsyquilter
creamed tuna and peas over toast. makes me gag just thinking about it. I too had the eat it or you'll have it for breakfast, dinner, etc. swore i'd never do that to my kids, I let them try things on their own time. if all they ate was PBJ, chicken nuggets or macaroni, didn't matter. in fact they did for years. now, they eat everything, even sushi and sashimi and they are both healthy and vibrant young men!

Creamed tuna and peas???!!!?? Who thought that nasty combination up? YUCK, it makes me nauseous just to think about it!

Ellen 09-20-2011 08:29 PM

I just remembered fish sticks. Not one has passed my lips since Feb. 29, 1964. I had no choice before that. YUCK. I prefer fresh fish not molded. I guess you know someone invented tartar sauce just to make fish sticks edible....?

At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

NanaCsews2 09-20-2011 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Marjpf
Liver and onions. The smell even made me gag. My mother also occasionally served tongue. Ick!

I am with you. Used to hide the liver between a piece of white bread and butter. Still tasted awful. I also shoved it under my plate, or made it fall in my glass of water. Didn't help. Had to sit at the table until it was done. Now, I would and did not ever do that to my children because of my liver and onions upbringing.
Still can't stand the smell of it.

chris_quilts 09-21-2011 07:50 PM

Burned chicken pot pie!!! Dad's specialty so yummy after sitting on a plate all night and that is also your breakfast and I slept at the table because we had to clean our plates before we coiuld leave the table. Pie was not just burned - it was scorched!!! Dogs wouldn't even eat it - it was that inedible.