Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What have you done about the threat Heartbleed ?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-have-you-done-about-threat-heartbleed-t245040.html)

ManiacQuilter2 04-12-2014 01:18 PM

What have you done about the threat Heartbleed ??

I had heard it on the news but I keep a low profile. This is the only site I literally hang out on. My friend changed her Pinterest and another internet site. Have you done anything to avoid this threat???

Tartan 04-12-2014 01:31 PM

I use my Apple device and they have not had any problem with it. The news said most sites should have a patch by now and to change your passwords. I do all my bill paying and financial stuff in person so it really isn't an issue for me.

Doggramma 04-12-2014 01:57 PM

I haven't done anything either. The sites that have any financial info on me are secure.

nativetexan 04-12-2014 01:57 PM

I was on another forum that I had never used the PM option in, but did it and then couldn't read the reply because I had to download something in order to read PM's. Not happening. I finally emailed the Hostess and she emailed me back. Old but works. Other than that, not much.

JenniePenny 04-12-2014 02:00 PM

I have changed my password for online banking. That is all.

Nammie to 7 04-12-2014 04:29 PM

Will change my password on two sites that were possibly comprised (that I use) Pinterest and Facebook.

Jingle 04-12-2014 05:00 PM

Sorry, I haven't heard about it.
Other times this sort of thing is on radio news every hour and nothing happens. Companies and banks using the internet have very good security. I doubt anything becomes of it.

Edie 04-13-2014 02:50 AM

I don't do any financial stuff on line, just keep track of my quilts, emails, pictures and so I don't worry about it at all.
I don't think I would ever do any banking stuff on line Heartblood or not! To me the computer just wouldn't be any fun anymore. It is easier for me to keep track of the quilts I have made, the little books I have written for the quilts and pictures of the quilts. And emails to my family and friends. I don't need a computer for anything else. Excuse me, I do use it for finding out information like "Swedish Cactus" - and here I thought it was going to be a description of a plant I have - au contraire!!!! Edie

Evie 04-13-2014 07:18 AM

There they were, telling us if the url address had the "s" at the end the site was secure. Now it turns out just the opposite! Who can you trust? :p

Stitchit123 04-13-2014 07:49 AM

My computer is for entertainment purposes only. I never put my info. on here - I don't bank or pay bills or even shop on line. So I don't worry about these things. Worrying causes worry lines and if I have to get them then I will choose more important things to worry about -like how low am I getting on batting.