Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What other crafts do you make besides quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-other-crafts-do-you-make-besides-quilting-t35304.html)

Miss Kitty 01-28-2010 05:15 AM

Hi, I like to crochet (haven't done that in years, just picked it back up this winter. I make dollies,baby stuff,
rugs, etc. I like to sew different crafts, gardening, canning all those veggie. Working with my flowers in summer.

QuiltingGrannie 01-28-2010 05:28 AM

Since I've been quilting (Since Aug '09) I've not done much of my other craft/hobby work. But... I crochet (Granny Square afghans), scrapbook, photography, glass etching (without chemicals, I use a dremil tool), wood burn, paper burn (same technique as wood burn, but on watercolor paper). I used to cross stitch.
I have also written poetry since a teenager (not much lately) and have written two books - not published.
I'm sure there is more, but can't think of it at the moment. Oh, I also sew things such as cell phone carriers, check book covers, and used to make my own clothes.
I just love being creative.

Lockeb 01-28-2010 05:35 AM

I used to do so many things - I did the Craft Show circuit for about 15 years or so - home decor sewing was my main focus - pillows, table runners, table cloths, dinner napkins, and Christmas decorations like tree skirts, stockings, etc.....
I would do a lot of throws as well, including Quillows...
I also did different kinds of pincushions; decorative fabrics ones and others using resin figurines to try to get a bit of a vintage style....
I used to make little miniature dry flowers arrangings in little frames, also I have done cross stitch, ribbon embroidery - some larger pieces but a lot of mini-framed ones.....
I am now getting in to primitive stitchery - absolutely adore it....
I also used to do Faux-Stained glass..loved that as well...
And making Christmas ornaments were a lot of fun....
I am sure that there were lots of other things but I just can't remember them now - but during the craft show days - there was always something new to try and you always wanted to have a variety of things to fill your booth..it was a lot of fun....I miss those days....
Now though, I'll still do home decor times for myself and a scatter customer when I get the request....I am getting into the primitve stitchery - but my real passion is still patchwork and quilting - it's a blast....

deedles215 01-28-2010 05:46 AM

We are a breed, aren't we?! Birds of a feather, I guess!
Quilting, watercolor, card-making/paper crafts, crochet, cross stitch, floral designing, displays... and I absolutely, positively, am obsessed with cooking. I want to go to culinary school (oh, the dream, sigh), art school, graphic design school, take quilting classes, get floral accredidation... need I go on?!

Ms Grace 01-28-2010 05:49 AM

Besides quilting, I do some crocheting, sewing and I love trying out new bread recipes. :-)

montanaquilter 01-28-2010 06:03 AM

Hi my name is Lee....and I'm a quilting addict!! Years ago I did cross stitch and stamping, now not so much. In the fall I do enjoy canning and making my jams, jellies and salsa!! But my passion and addiction right now is quilting and buying fabric!! One thing that I am going to try is pajama pants for my daughter-that should be easy enough for me to do.

samroberts01 01-28-2010 07:25 AM

I am most like some of the others, I have loved art my whole life and love to draw, I went to college for a little while to get my art degree, was into graphic design in highschool, I like to paint, but since I have 3 little ones it is hard to find quite time to sit down for hours and draw or paint. So I mainly do kids crafts alot, I scrapbook with the kids mainly dont have time to do my own. And now I am totally an addict to this site and quilting!! I am getting ready to start my 3rd quilt since I started in December.

Katrine 01-28-2010 08:21 AM

Have been doing some x-stitch today for a change - a piece I fear will never get finished because I prefer quilting. I have done knitting in the later evenings making dog coats for a couple of dog charities in Spain. I like (fine) crochet as well, but find I don't have the patience for that now.

canmitch1971 01-28-2010 09:42 AM

I have done decorative painting also called tole painting and was quite good at it but I lost interest when I started quilting.

redrummy 01-28-2010 09:46 AM

Hi, we are a crafty group that is for sure. I have dabbled in painting, no drawing ability, but painting what is drawn, shading and such, I knit, crochet, just simple things, blankets, doll clothes, no pattern, just make it up as I go. I love making craft things, when the kids were little we made all kinds of things, Christmas ornaments, valentine & Easter decorations, plastic canvas for many years, polymer clay, wood burning, sewing, made my daughter dresses, and made foam chairs for the kids and their dolls. I made my sisters bridesmaid dress, and my daughters flower child dress once. Now I am learning my embroidery machine.