Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What other hobbies do you have? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-other-hobbies-do-you-have-t50062.html)

mygirl66 06-17-2010 10:08 AM

Quilting is my number one passion, but I also like to invent altered art out of everyday things. I also have a garden, and love to can and make my own preserves, strawberry and strawberry/rhubarb was last week, 20 plus jars of it!The grapes and raspberries are coming up too, so I will be busy again soon.

Rosyhf 06-17-2010 10:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is one of my orginal cloth dolls. She is totally painted. First I make the armature. Then I make the body. Then I covered her entire body like a collage, using my painted fabric. Then I painted on top of that all sorts of designs. Her name is Aladina and she is sort of a circus person, half human. I am not done with her.

I see those pic aren't that big.

Aladina
[ATTACH=CONFIG]87362[/ATTACH]

Aladina close
[ATTACH=CONFIG]87363[/ATTACH]

Rosyhf 06-17-2010 10:14 AM

Ok, gotta go quilt on on the Colorful Quilt lol. This was fun....

Pineapple Princess 06-17-2010 10:23 AM

Let's see...
Quilting, knitting, historical re-enacting, violin, tatting, embroidery, cross-stitch, needlepoint, scrapbooking, and probably a lot more then that... I just can't think of anything else right now. :)

EagarBeez 06-17-2010 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Pat and pups
I raise and train service dog puppies and teach puppy obedience classes for my local obedience club. I do what I can to help raise money for the service dog program. Being with my dogs keeps me from quilting because they like to chew on fabric....

I also love to read.

That is very rewarding and a wonderful thing to do. I have 2 friends whom are blind and have 2 wonderful service dog and 1 retired

EagarBeez 06-17-2010 11:15 AM

I love art work and dabble in just about anything I am quite good at crochet, needlepoint, cross stitching. I have tried making candles.
I go to Art Craft show and look at the many crafts, if I like something I look it over real good and go home and make it.
I have done pine cone wreaths,candle holders and bases, x mas trees, table centerpieces.
I have done a little knitting but, not that good at it.
I have also tried tatting.
I am now working quilts and enjoying it tremendously even though I am not by any means professional and I tie my quilts.
I have a veggie garden and this year my hubby and I built a greenhouse.

dungeonquilts 06-17-2010 11:23 AM

Hobbies: On the funny side my hobby is stay out of my hubbies way :)One great man, a real saint. Serious Hobbies: Photography, crocheting, tatting, card making, quilting, fishing. I have tried other hobbies and maybe did it once or twice and if I didn't like it (to involved)NO MORE for me. My Headstone is going to read: She tried it All :) Have a good day and this is fun reading comments.

JudyNH 06-17-2010 11:39 AM

Avid cardmaker and scrapbooker - really new quilter on my way to being a very avid quilter.........

Can't believe how much fun I am having learning to quilt and meeting such fabulous people (on this board and at Quilt guilds)

Judy

quilter1 06-17-2010 11:42 AM

I work full time as a nurse so I don't have a huge amount of free time but, I love my quilting and always have a cross stitch project on the go. Then there is my Grandson, and my 3 Golden Retrievers. Oh I almost forgot, I still have 2 children (21 & 16) at home and my dear DH who supports me in it all. He has his motorcycles too.

MadQuilter 06-17-2010 11:42 AM

We are renovating our house - does that count? I used to knit but I was plagued by tendonitis.