Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What were you called when you were little, and by whom? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-were-you-called-when-you-were-little-whom-t100430.html)

kwhite 02-16-2011 07:21 PM

I was called ugly and stupid. That was many years ago and in a world far far away.

Carron 02-16-2011 07:23 PM

My aunts and uncles would call me "carrot top" (of course because of the red hair)...I would get so upset with them and promptly reply that tops of carrots were green and I didn't have green hair. That comment never did stop them from continueing with that stupid name.

cctx. 02-16-2011 07:24 PM

My uncles/cousins and mom called me Cissie, my grandma called me by my real name (because she named me). My great grandma called me Dutch.

Carron 02-16-2011 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
I was called ugly and stupid. That was many years ago and in a world far far away.

Well, you certinlly don't appear to be ugly and if you are a member of this board, that proves just how smart you really are.

frugalfabrics 02-16-2011 07:27 PM

when I was little, my family called me "blackie" because my eyes were so dark.

now I'm called "turtle" because I have a slow and steady pace...and I don't speed up for anything!

Jan in VA 02-16-2011 07:27 PM

Daddy called me Sugah when I was young. He persists in calling me Janet though I've answered to, and only used, Jan for 50 years, even changed it legally 12 years ago.

Mother still often calls me RoColClayt...JAN! Goes through all the siblinds names before she gets to mine. I was glad to get to first grade and find my name was actually short enough to learn to write easily!

My daughter born and raised in Alabama calls me Mutti; the other daughter, born and raised in Germany, calls me Mom.....go figure.

My ex always called me a generic-sounding Honey. I often wondered if he even remembered my real name.

Jan in VA

mythreesuns 02-16-2011 07:28 PM

I had two when growing up..one was piss ant (cuz I WAS so small)and then sweetpea..because when I was litte my favorite song was Oh Sweetpea and I would sing it at the tops of my lungs. lol

Jan in VA 02-16-2011 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite

I am so very sorry for that burden you've carried. You are quite beautiful, you know, and likely very smart. I think you should be called Friend. :)

Jan in VA

dar627742 02-16-2011 07:33 PM

bad as i hate to admit it,i wascalled "longjohn"because of my long legs.AWFUL
dar

DogHouseMom 02-16-2011 07:34 PM

When I was young I couldn't say my whole last name so I shortened it to just the last two syllables - Eppe (pronounded Eppie). My Aunt used to call me Susie Eppie. To this day she is the ONLY person ever allowed to get away with calling me "Susie" anything more than once.

Strangely enough, my family all call me Susan and my friends all call me Sue. It was never planned, it just happened that way. I've never heard my best friend call me Susan. Never.