Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What were you called when you were little, and by whom? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-were-you-called-when-you-were-little-whom-t100430.html)

fratcat 02-17-2011 08:41 PM

My father always called me Fancy Pants. Started when I was very young becuase my mother used to dress me in the little panties that had all the ruffles on the rear end and the name never went away.

stitchnnana 02-17-2011 08:45 PM

Sissy Ann by my granny. Suzy Q by my grandpa.

Margie 02-17-2011 08:51 PM

'

Originally Posted by kwhite
I was called ugly and stupid. That was many years ago and a world far far away.

How cruel and how UNtrue. God bless you and wipe those awful memories away and replace them with peace and happiness.

Margie

DawnMarie 02-17-2011 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie
Nicknames are a big part of American life, arent they? I don't think we have that so much in other places- I certainly don't. Everyone calls me by my name- my sister sometimes replaces the last letter with a Y but that is the closest I ever got to a nickname. Where I come from nicknames are generally associated with bullying and "name calling". Some of yours are cute though!

I had a Spanish professor from Mexico. She was the smallest, skinniest thing you had ever seen. However, she was tubby when she was a little girl. Everyone called her "Gordita" (little fat girl), when she was younger. She was so sweet. I would have been offended if someone would have called me that, but she figured it was all in good humor.

supergma 02-17-2011 09:18 PM

My baby brother couldn't say Sister. He called me Foostie. I am 73, he is 69, and he still calls me that once in a while.

DONK 02-17-2011 09:29 PM

My cousin called me donkey when she was little cause she couldn't say Donna, when i got older it got shortend to Donk. My mom still calls me Donk and I have a niece that calls me Aunt Donk.

biscuitqueen 02-17-2011 10:09 PM

Suzie Q, when I was small I had a big yellow dog named suzie. Mom would call me in for lunch and we'd both come running. Growning up I had a bf call me suzie and one day his mom asked me if I knew he had another gf called suzie what a laugh, I told her it's my middle name.

B Jane 02-17-2011 10:23 PM

My favorite brother-in-law called me B Jane. My Mother started with "Eleanor" then "Ruth" then "Lainie" them Marietta before she ever got to Barbara - so I learned to answer to "Eleanor" real early! I've always maintained that calling me "Babs" would get you broken kneecaps! LOL

Rock Lady 02-17-2011 10:51 PM

My middle name is June and my immediate family has always called me that. When I started school I used my first name which is Lois. However, family members all called me "Juneie". The one that really got my goat was when they called me "junie runie". Grrrrrr........

Linsoblu 02-18-2011 12:27 AM

My dad called me Linda Lou even thouth Lou is not my middle name. My oldest brother always called me Loush. My Uncle called me Peg Leg pete as I had broken my right leg when I was 2 yrs old. My friends still call me Dude.