Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What would you do??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-would-you-do-t118804.html)

nana20010 04-25-2011 04:45 PM

pay off all my bill set up kids and grandkids pay off my[2] sisters bills off set up a fund for a place for hospitct

cherrio 04-25-2011 04:49 PM

hmmm. mony is no object. visit several other countries. see the U.S. with family. pay off oldest girls college loans and pay for last 2 girls college. set up scholorship for GK's. finish college myself. build a giant no kill shelter in each state. build an orphanage in each state etc. well you said I had a bottomles pocketbook . . .lots of helpful, comforting kind projects. oh yea, a new sewing machine and a car. my 2002 is on it's last tire!

DogHouseMom 04-25-2011 04:51 PM

I'm ashamed (but big enough) to admit I am no-where near as philanthropic as most of you.

I would build my dream house on as many country acres I could buy and it would include a kennel, stable and greenhouse.

And after I was comfortably settled in, THEN I would start giving lots of money away.

2000HD 04-25-2011 04:56 PM

I know so many people that could use a hand up. I would busy for a while! Or at least until it ran out.

hobo2000 04-25-2011 05:01 PM

I would set up restaurants for seniors on ss retirement. So many seniors do not get enough food to eat everyday due to rising economy. It's hard to see our elderly not even able to buy a Mcdonalds hamburger, they resort to dumpster diving. They would get free or low cost healthy meals everyday.

SuziC 04-25-2011 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
I'm ashamed (but big enough) to admit I am no-where near as philanthropic as most of you.

I would build my dream house on as many country acres I could buy and it would include a kennel, stable and greenhouse.

And after I was comfortably settled in, THEN I would start giving lots of money away.

I like this reply only i would and a little quilting shop to your list :lol:

wanda lou 04-25-2011 05:23 PM

I love Animals, wish I had the money to give you to do it.

MZStitch 04-25-2011 05:24 PM

There is some beautiful farm land close to me that is up for sale and it saddens me every time I drive by because I know a developer is going to come in and put houses there. I actually have thought about this question as I drive by, I would buy it and make it into a huge park for everyone to enjoy with rose gardens, playing fields, walking trails, and other creative ways everyone can enjoy this beautiful land.

Jammin' Jane 04-25-2011 05:41 PM

Retire!

olgaflowers 04-25-2011 06:29 PM

I would build a small house, specifically for quilters to gather
it would have very nice comfortable sofas/ chairs, special lighting ! plenty of tables to setup our quilts,
hard wood floors no carpet !! my only mission would be
to make everybody feel comfortable !!
Oh, plenty of parking, being moneys no object !
dream dream !!! oh, a coke machine !!