Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What would you do??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-would-you-do-t118804.html)

jdiane318 04-25-2011 06:41 PM

I would open a $5 a yard quilt shop and have all kinds of rooms where people could come and sit and work. I would have tables for cutting and people who didn't have room at home could come there and use the facilities. I would underwrite the cost where fabric cost no more than $5. Then I would drive my red jaguar home at night.

Murphy 04-25-2011 09:27 PM

I, too, would help animals.

But, i would set up a scholarship fund for B students. You know the ones who do fine, but just didn't reach that A level. It seems to me that very good and very bad students get attention, but the wonderful, productive ones in the middle have to really struggle for any assistance.

lovequilts 04-25-2011 09:30 PM

I would get some property and build many cottages and a community building. These would be for ALL types of crafters and we would have a "shop" to see our wares. We would have some planned events to be together but have our own "home" to go to. A big Craft area.

amazon 04-25-2011 09:43 PM

Find a cure for Alzheimers.Donate to my church. And for my family and myself, buy that 50 acres that I want, build a five bedroom,5 bath house, 2 car garage, barn- for milk cows & chickens and plant several acres of veggies and fruit and give it to seniors and folks who really need it. :thumbup:

Moonglow 04-26-2011 02:46 AM

Random acts of kindness anonymously.

OmaForFour 04-26-2011 04:28 AM

I would pay off the mortgages on my kids' homes, give them each a million $$, give my church a million $$, buy a new Jeep Grand Cherokee with all the bells and whistles, buy a new boat for my husband = about 28 ft. & trailer, fix up my yard and house with new paint, nice fence, nice lawn, garden & veggie garden (all with someone doing the tilling, raking, planting for me), buy the best quilting/sewing machine available, buy my husband all the tools (like a table saw) that he ever dreamed of, a new truck for my husband buy a camper/trailer - a big new one with all the automatic buttons and a shower & bathroom in it, give a whole bunch of money to Airedale Rescue, fix a sewing room in my house just the way I want it etc etc etc etc.
In other words, I would spend and enjoy it but not waste it on gambling and such. I am in my 70s. A big windfall now would be for me to enjoy the rest of my life and then the rest would go to my kids when I was gone.

gspsplease 04-26-2011 04:34 AM

There's an old joke: "What would you do if you had all the money in the world?" and the reply: "I'd use it to pay my debts, as far as it would go"
Thankfully I'm not in that situation, and can finally in retirement afford enough to make me happy.
cheers
Sandra

Edie 04-26-2011 05:27 AM

I would buy my husband a motor home and we could travel all over - husband, Miss Bess and me!!!!! I could cook, I could sew, we could go when we wanted to, stop when we wanted to. I'd like a Bounder!

My husband has gone through more hell than anyone could imagine including Leukemia and Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and all the chemo and stuff and he deserves something that he has wanted to do during his retirement - travel. This way he would be home, wherever we are.

That's what I would do. Edie

lillybeck 04-26-2011 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
Hire a hitman.
Oh wait, does it have to be legal?

I would buy an entire neighborhood just for my family and friends.

Ditto to this. I told my kids and grands recently that there should be a law against family moving away from each other.

Grandma Peg 04-26-2011 05:50 AM

Would try to help others.